New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Having the ability to actually shoot 3 MOA consistantly is the hard part for most folk I imagine.
Never mind hold over/under/around/through :D

Interesting that while dealing with zero there was not really any mention (or I completley missed it if so) of absolute co~witness vs lower 1/3 and the difference in sight picture presented at X hold over/under. Yet all the pics very distctly show irons in view with the dot.
For that matter no mention of 'dual zeroing' with irons set for long range precision and dot for 30 feet away.
From 3 feet to say 100 yds put the dot on it, from 100 yds and out, irons. No frigging around with 2" up 1/2" down or whatever unless the dot or irons fail and you need to shoot outside thier indended range zones with the other aiming device.

Its not a bad article overall, but there are some things left unsaid that mabe should have been mentioned.

· Registered
416 Posts
Chris Fry teaches "hairline/head shot" in his carbine classes. I love these targets and how the pic shows exactly where to put your red dot - it illustrates that training point perfectly. Your bullet hole will end up right between the bad guy's eyes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.