New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who plays? I used to play a ton and had a single digit handicap, but no so much anymore. Plan on playing more this year tho.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I used to play with my dad when I was a kid but was never really good. I could hit well enough but close game was aweful, ha, ha. My dad was a golf nut and as a result I got to play and see a lot of great courses. He actually bought a house on four holes at Harbor Town in Hilton Head Island. I was asked to be in a wedding party about five years ago that was being held at Saratoga National. I told my buddy my woods were actually made of wood, so broke down and bought a new set of Taylor Mades-- we got through two holes before being rained out and they have been sitting in my closet ever since. Would definitely like to get back into it. Great game.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mens league on Wednesday, Couples league with the wife on Fridays. We have a lot of fun with it. Haven't hit a ball yet this season, but soon.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I play in a Wed. night work league at En-Joie. We drink beer and smoke cigars. It's the best night of the week!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I enjoy golf a ton. depending on the year i either play a LOT or a little.

two years ago my wife picked the game up and we were around once a week minimum. last summer we were out 2-3 times total and i played in two charity tournaments.

i'm very average - i have the capability to break 90 but the consistency to stay above 100! I've taken a few lessons as I know I have just one or two major flaws to clean up and that'll help the consistency. I also have some really crud clubs - and while the equipment doesn't make the player, there comes a point where it needs an upgrade (that time has come for me). ill be getting new clubs this year, i don't want anything high end or even current model year. so i dont plan on getting top end clubs, but it'll be an improvement for me!

i was invited to a work league this year but i cannot do it as it would be on the same night i play softball. the wife however is looking forward to playing this year so i foresee us playing more this year.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I play in my company league every week. We're a bunch of hackers. My handicap for 9 holes is something like an 11.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Golf is a crazy game for sure, if you don't play regularly you won't be good. When I play a lot i shoot in the mid to high 70's, when I don't play a lot mid 80's and i don't have fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NYFirearms golf day?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ive developed my slice so that it actually goes over the giant "slice netting" and onto the first hole at my local range.
The range I go to is bordered on the right side by a field. There are times that I put balls into that field even staying on the left side of the range. When I first started out, I had to stand on the complete left side and still managed to put them in the field. It got better after playing alot for an entire season, but then started having the issues again when I bought new clubs. I didnt play much last year, and when I did, it was horrendous lol. If I could break 115, Id be a happy guy.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I enjoy golf but I am no where near good. Good excuse to drink beer and drive the carts around like a mad man though.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I enjoy golf but I am no where near good. Good excuse to drink beer and drive the carts around like a mad man though.
Hope you don't' play on the courses I do. Golf is a gentleman's game. It's not a football tailgate party.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts