New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
You bet 100% legal, no shooting within 500' of occupied building. Cool place, love the river.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
is this open carry or ccw? and its as easy as just driving across the border? weve been considering a weekend up around vermont/ny areas

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
is this open carry or ccw? and its as easy as just driving across the border? weve been considering a weekend up around vermont/ny areas
Vermont does not require any sort of permit for open or concealed carry. Shockingly, they don't have mass murders every day like the chicken-littles concerned about permit-less carry claim they should.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am a little biased...but this place is awesome. I ride my bike up there and spend a few weeks during the summer. You can hike Stowe too and the riding is incredible. If anyone does the Motorcycle thing, Rt. 100 through the Notch is rated as one of the top 10 rides.

Vermont State Parks - Smugglers' Notch State Park

·
Registered
149 Posts
Earlier this year I planned a ride through Vermont staying in the Burlington area and was happily surprised with the carry options in Vermont.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The only thing that sucks about Vermont as far as carrying goes is because they are so free and don't require you to have a permit to concealed or open carry, other states that offer non-resident permits will no longer do so. One of the requirements for many of the non-res permits is that you have a pistol permit in the state you reside in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I visit my brother in Waitsfield, Vermont a couple times a year. Like everyone else, I love the fact that I can carry there. Is the 500' foot law valid state wide? I would love to find a place where me and the guys could set up targets and do some plinking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a remote camp in Woodford not too far from the state park and usually this time of year the bugs are so thick you feel as if they are going to carry you off, however they have not been bad thus far. There is a place to plink not too far away if you are interested, as im not sure if shooting is allowed at the state park and the other campers probably wont appreciate the noise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I always carry when I go to Vermont. If you have time and want a really kick ass concealed carry holster. Bring you CCW piece to Back Forty guns in Windsor Vermont. It is on Rt 5 just North of Springfield and just south Of White river junction. The manager makes cross breed knock offs for 55.00, you have to leave your gun with him for the day so he can get the kydex bent just right. Very nice holsters. Nice little store.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Love Vermont. We have done a couple of motorcycle trips all around Vermont. Carry all the time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts