New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
crafted registration and licensing regulations so onerous as to technically permit possession of handguns in the home, but in effect making it so difficult and expensive that many people found it impossible to legally acquire a firearm. The District also banned so-called "high capacity magazines" and so-called "assault weapons."
Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone?
Anyone? Anyone?
Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
So, basically nothing going on.
I see it differently. The GOA is setting the next battle. Not about the Second Amendment so much but the SCOTUS and the lower courts.
Now If they hired me to write the brief it would say something like this.
HEY You people in the SCOTUS! What good are you when the lower courts dismiss your rulings as superfluous bullschidt. Now either defecate or get off the pot. Either you are the third branch or you aren't. You are 5 to 4 ing yourself into insignificance. Make a ruling that even a Judge can understand.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I see it differently. The GOA is setting the next battle. Not about the Second Amendment so much but the SCOTUS and the lower courts.
Now If they hired me to write the brief it would say something like this.
HEY You people in the SCOTUS! What good are you when the lower courts dismiss your rulings as superfluous bullschidt. Now either defecate or get off the pot. Either you are the third branch or you aren't. You are 5 to 4 ing yourself into insignificance. Make a ruling that even a Judge can understand.
I agree. Make the argument that it robs the court's power if they don't slap this nonsense down and even one of the "wrong four" might join our side for the decision if they think it deludes their power.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This is the case where that judge Boazberg ruled that everything DC had argued was constitutional ! This was after the suit had made it to SCOTUS for " direction " . The ruling judge at SCOTUS was Ginsberg who sent it back down for the circut court to " re rule upon the suit . Boazberg promptly ruled that everything was constitutional which brings us to where we are now ! I have read the briefs for the suit and Gura is ready to do battle once again ! DC keeps trying but gets shutdown everytime because of their stupidity and now they are asking for money to " fight this case " from congress who just gave them enough cash to run the city but not any more lawsuits . The total cost of these lawsuits on DC,s budget is staggering and is about to get even worse because of these liberal idiots plus from what I gather it's a conservative judge who caught this suit this time so I expect a different outcome ! From what I'm hearing about Palmer Vs DC is they are debating appealing to SCOTUS but at this time haven't done so . This means if they fail to present paperwork by the deadline , the judges ruling stands . We are coming upon the 90 Day deadline very soon ( and the judge has said no more extensions ) I'm expecting to see something concrete here very soon about the " new " rules concerning carry in DC . This has cost DC in excess of a million dollars so far for their stupidity !

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
NY state and our Federal district court interpretation of Heller can be summed up in two words.
Heller, Shmeller.
You got that right. The lower courts are treating SCOTUS rulings the way Obama treats the Constitution, or the way Harry Reid treats the House of Representatives, or the way the NRA treats NY gun owners etc etc.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the case where that judge Boazberg ruled that everything DC had argued was constitutional ! This was after the suit had made it to SCOTUS for " direction " . The ruling judge at SCOTUS was Ginsberg who sent it back down for the circut court to " re rule upon the suit . Boazberg promptly ruled that everything was constitutional which brings us to where we are now ! I have read the briefs for the suit and Gura is ready to do battle once again ! DC keeps trying but gets shutdown everytime because of their stupidity and now they are asking for money to " fight this case " from congress who just gave them enough cash to run the city but not any more lawsuits . The total cost of these lawsuits on DC,s budget is staggering and is about to get even worse because of these liberal idiots plus from what I gather it's a conservative judge who caught this suit this time so I expect a different outcome ! From what I'm hearing about Palmer Vs DC is they are debating appealing to SCOTUS but at this time haven't done so . This means if they fail to present paperwork by the deadline , the judges ruling stands . We are coming upon the 90 Day deadline very soon ( and the judge has said no more extensions ) I'm expecting to see something concrete here very soon about the " new " rules concerning carry in DC . This has cost DC in excess of a million dollars so far for their stupidity !
Any chance Heller 2 could be combined with unsafe and CT lawsuit? They basically demand the same things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts