New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everybody's "go to war guns" What I mean is if something happens and you have to fight for your life on a regular basis what gun/guns are you grabbing?

For me just my AR15 because I don't own a pistol hopefully ill get lucky and "obtain" a sidearm

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I have faith in my trusty Remington 7600's if my life was on the line and didn't need heavy/alot of fire power,just a straight shooting sniper rifle.....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll grab anything time allows and turn my kids into pack mules.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Assuming that go to war means going off to fight the hoards of gun grabbing types that are coming to get your stuff, I most likely would choose a semi auto, with iron sights that is fed by a magazine in a military caliber such as 7.62 x51 or 5.56 x 45.
If I am just providing over watch/ intel on a vital intersection or river crossing a .30 caliber or larger bolt action rifle with good glass and a large bore side arm would be better for the mission.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
It all depends on the situation. I've got my 700 .22-250 for the "reach out and touch someone", and the 870 for when things get tight. No AR for me yet, but that's coming.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
If you're having to defend your life on a regular basis with a firearm, it's time to get out of dodge. Eventually, you're going to end up dead.

But since you asked, any semi-auto rifle would be my choice. Probably an AR. Pair that with a .45 Glock or M&P for a sidearm.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
To me I would want to be where my enemy is at a distance.So an AR 15 vs a slower shooting 30 caliber is a tough decision,why not just bring both to the fight for good measure!Or maybe compromise and get ar10 in 338 caliber,which is on my list of have to get soon...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Think I'll just go to my pissed off Grandma's house. all would be well!! :rolleyes:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4778765858701422&id=b18e009ba47ceadc88b998a1f9a032e4&url=http%u00253a%2f%2fefti.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
FS2000 Bullpup as primary, mossy 12 ga semi for secondary for security. And wife and kids will carry mix also, 22, 30-06 and few others to eat

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
In an attrition type of warfare the best weapon one has is the brain and gerrilla tactics.
Running around with an AR's or AK's is good ticket for one to be popped faster by a trained military sniper or a hellfire missile launched from a drone 5 miles above.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts