New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a Mosin and even though i don't plan on scoping it i hate how the bolt handle sits at 3oClock. If someone knows anyone local around Buffalo that would be best. If i have to ship it i hope for quick turn around time. Also if i get a quote what have you paid?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Most people just buy a bent bolt.

In fact there is one on eBay right now for $38.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Most people just buy a bent bolt.

In fact there is one on eBay right now for $38.
Nah for 38 bucks it's a service, you send your bolt out and he sends it back bent.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Take bolt out of rifle, lock it in a vice as if it's sitting in your rifle, use torch to heat carefully, bend to your liking. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Take bolt out of rifle, lock it in a vice as if it's sitting in your rifle, use torch to heat carefully, bend to your liking. Pretty easy.
This is how the tool guy did it for me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
This is how the tool guy did it for me.
If you want to keep the original parts, I'd buy a bent one. If you don't really care, I'd say give it a try cause that's all they do to it, but it's nice to say "I did it"

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I'll throw it in the vise in the morning. New post tomorrow. Heated it to much and broke it how to weld holly back on :)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Guess I'll throw it in the vise in the morning. New post tomorrow. Heated it to much and broke it how to weld holly back on :)
Lol bend it slowly, the tooling guy at work said he wasn't sure if he was gonna break it or not, he was really nervous to try on my rifle but I convinced him I wouldn't get mad if it snapped off, just go slow and keep in mine that this stuff is going to be very flexible ay before you see any color in it, don't expect a red glow out of the Nagant bolt, its pretty gnarly stuff. The black it leaves behind can be sanded right off no problem.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you can wait until Sunday afternoon when I get back from the swamps , I'll help you do it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm kidding guys i deff won't break it. if the ball wasn't on the end i could fit it in a small pipe bender. going to the swamps on sunday? what time? i was thinning about going and getting there around 11 to clean up the lane and shoot for a few hours

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm kidding guys i deff won't break it. if the ball wasn't on the end i could fit it in a small pipe bender. going to the swamps on sunday? what time? i was thinning about going and getting there around 11 to clean up the lane and shoot for a few hours
Ill be up there around 1030 to clean and set up. Going to have a few matches. Should be a fun day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts