New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing the sights on my G19 that I use primarily for IDPA and my Glock 35 that I used or ISPC. What have you guys used that you were happy with or not happy with. I was looking at some fiber optic sights for the G19. the factory sights just suck on it especially when engaging several targets with such a tight sight plane. The sights work decent on the G35 (Glock Factory Adj. Rear) but i was looking for something that might help me pick up some accuracy. Links would be appreciated to recommended options

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a fiber optic front sight which I installed myself in my 1911. Its awesome when you are shooting outdoors but not very good on indoor ranges. (The more light the more visible it will be). Try Dawson Precision.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Glock factory, Trijicon, or Meprolight if you want night sights.

Heinie, Novak, or Warren Tacitacal Sevigny sights for plain steel sights.

Not a fan of Truglo or Hiviz fiber optic due to my tendancy to be able break them easily.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Glock factory, Trijicon, or Meprolight if you want night sights.

Heinie, Novak, or Warren Tacitacal Sevigny sights for plain steel sights.

Not a fan of Truglo or Hiviz fiber optic due to my tendancy to be able break them easily.
Henie makes em with tritium too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
love my glock factory night sights.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may leave the factory sights on the G35 they havent been to bad. The factory sights on the G19 or horrendous. the front sight is to fat to be so close to the rear sight. The sight picture on the small sight plane is just a huge blob

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the warren tactical the same as the Dawson Precision. Ive heard a lot about Dawson but when I googled it, it just seemed like they sell other companies sights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Warren or Dawson...

No, they're two different makers.

Dawson made their name with providing F/Op fronts for most pistols, then offered an adj. rear compatible with their F/Op fronts, much later a fixed rear. They were probably the first to solve the "Halo" effect with F/Op fronts, plus make them in many blade widths and heights.

Warren offers only fixed rear sights for the more popular pistols and have a very wide rear notch that isn't for everyone. They make two basic styles: Warren & Sevigny with all-black, F/Op or Trit. fronts that work with both styles. The Warren/Sevigny rears or sets have been Wildly popular with the USPSA/IDPA shooters. Dawson's rear adj. has been very popular but requires a markedly taller front sight, their fixed rear while well made and robust doesn't seem to have the kind of following enjoyed by Warren or Heinie. 10-8's are worth considering but command a premium price. Outside of the most basic sight set by Heinie, Warren has arguably the best sights for the money. While not yet widely known, Warren offers a Sevigny Comp with a .130" notch that works very well for pistols like the G-34/35/24 and the new SA XD long-slide pistol because of their longer sight radius. HTH.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I have stock adjustable rears and HiViz fronts on my 17 and 34, I love them, how ever they aren't very durable. I have the ones with the interchangeable light pipes and they are held in by a little spring. Lost the spring on my 34 shooting through a cardboard port. I melted in a a piece to replace that but its only temporary.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Order a pair of Warren Sevigny Competiton Rear with F/O Front. Going to try that out on the Glock 19. Hopefully I get it Weds so I can try it out at Thursday's IDPA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts