New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I went shooting with Brian S. He has a g27, I a g19. For S&G's, we decided to see if a .40 round would fit the 9mm preban mags I have -- they do. Then we decided to load it up and cycle it manually, and it cycled. So then we shot

With 14 rounds stuffed in a 15rd pre ban mag, the first bullet loaded & fired, but the next one did not cycle, needed some manual help.

Afterwards (12 in the mag, 1 in the pipe) the rest went off without a hitch!

Is this a random accident that this works, or is there some sort of design amongst glocks for this to work this way? Second, is there any negatives to this? Obviously it's not like it'd be that way every time, but I'm just curious, like if it get a .40 glock, can I just use my 9mm mags, or is it really not a good idea?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
So, today I went shooting with Brian S. He has a g27, I a g19. For S&G's, we decided to see if a .40 round would fit the 9mm preban mags I have -- they do. Then we decided to load it up and cycle it manually, and it cycled. So then we shot

With 14 rounds stuffed in a 15rd pre ban mag, the first bullet loaded & fired, but the next one did not cycle, needed some manual help.

Afterwards (12 in the mag, 1 in the pipe) the rest went off without a hitch!

Is this a random accident that this works, or is there some sort of design amongst glocks for this to work this way? Second, is there any negatives to this? Obviously it's not like it'd be that way every time, but I'm just curious, like if it get a .40 glock, can I just use my 9mm mags, or is it really not a good idea?
It is not a good idea to use other caliber mags in a gun. .40 will fit in a 9mm mag, and vica versa, but the reliability will go down. Glocks, however, can use larger mags of the same caliber. My Glock 26 can use 26, 19, 17 and 18 mags. The 27 can use 27, 23, 22 and the big .40 one (forgot the capacity. It's like 33 rounder for the 9mm, but in .40)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts