New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Glock 17. For the indoor ranges that do not allow jacketed ammo, what can I use? I have read that you aren't supposed to shoot lead through a glock..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Plated ammo?

I have used Rainer Leadsafe plated bullets before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm gonna guess your talking about the clubs in the Buffalo area? I don't know of any that let you use jacketed ammo or any of the alternatives that were listed. You could go with the drop in barrel or just shoot lead. I have a 22 and 23, 1000's of roads lead though them and no problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna guess your talking about the clubs in the Buffalo area? I don't know of any that let you use jacketed ammo or any of the alternatives that were listed. You could go with the drop in barrel or just shoot lead. I have a 22 and 23, 1000's of roads lead though them and no problems.
You got it - I just found out today that Niagara Gun Range does allow jacketed but I have yet to find a club with an indoor range that does...

I would rather not "just buy" a barrel - seems like a waste of money.... That's a $100 that could be spent on another pistol!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Never heard of that regulation - Does anyone know why?
In a word, FUDDS. Most of the ranges here are old, the old guys think, and them may be right, they may not be, think jacketed ammo and even plated ammo will damage the back stops. Its not a regulation, its a club rule, I won't pay the extra $20 at my club to use the indoor beasue of this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts