New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the G44 ? Reviews online vary from horrible to great. I’m looking for a reliable .22 caliber semiautomatic pistol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Save yourself the grief. Buy a Taurus TX22 for half the price and twice the quality if you want a polymer 22.

If you want something less conventional looking, I have a Browning Buckmark and like it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a 44 with currently approx 1K rounds thru it. I have yet to have a malfunction with the gun. I have used primarily mini mags as I believe the gun prefers a higher velocity round.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll have to see what’s instock locally and make a decision. I also heard Walther makes a mean 22.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that is very affordable. If they have them instock locally I’d definitely consider it. As of now Im leaning towards a Glock 44 or Walther. If anyone has seen something instock recently, my ears are open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it can be a little picky with ammo, but it's a great pistol to have fun with and train new shooters..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a G44 so I could practice with a Glock and spend less on ammo. My main pistol is the G48 9mm, but ammo has gotten crazy expensive for it. The grips are very similar which is helpful to me.

Another household member has had the G44 for about 6 months, and has had no problems with it. It’s generally understood that you want to use high velocity rounds with the G44. Can’t comment on the other brands but so far very pleased with the G44.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glock G44 .22LR question

Does anyone have experience with the G44 ? Reviews online vary from horrible to great. I'm looking for a reliable .22 caliber semiautomatic pistol.
I've had mine for a little over a year and I Love it. I don't have a ton of rounds through it but I don't think it has jammed even once (unlike my Ruger Mark II and an ISSC Mk2 (Glock wannabe). The trigger is identical to my centerfire Glocks and it is very accurate. I recommend 40 grain high velocity (1200fps) ammo to run the slide. Note that it is Very light compared to a REal Glock G19 but other than the weight it is a dead ringer for a G19.

I'm three thumbs up on mine~~

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great thanks for all the feed back to this question. I’m feeling more confident regarding purchasing a G44.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello everyone, just wanted to give an update. I found a decent deal on a used OD green Walther p22 today. So i took the plunge and made the purchase. Can’t wait to pick it up and hit the range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts