New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a recent G36, purchased new in 2012. It's unmodified, with the exception of an extended slide release. It'll come with (4) magazines and I *should* have the original case, ppwk and slide release as well.

I'm going to be totally up-front and honest, here. I've had issues with this gun in terms of FTE's. It may just need a better extractor, better ammo than what I use, or a better shooter. I'm not a tiny guy, but I'm also not a big guy--therefore, I can't rule out (completely) myself being the issue. However, for a lightweight, compact .45, it's easier and more fun to shoot than one would think--and I can be pretty darn accurate with it. At this time, I'll aim high and say there's a maximum of 350rds down the barrel. It's been meticulously cleaned and cared for since day 1, as are all my guns.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. At the moment, I'm going to mark this "for sale" only. Asking $400.00 for everything.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replied, sir

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Open to offers (non-trade.) Worst I can say is "no."

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replied

·
MSG
470 Posts
Pm'd you.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Pm inbound....

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like I said in my original post, the FTE's could very well have had to do with me as a shooter. After researching the issue, I completely changed the way I shoot my handguns. As the gun wasn't spoken for, I hit the range today with a "thumbs-forward and on the frame" grip, versus thumbs pointing up and contacting the slide. After 50rds of Tula Brass and 50rds of Remington UMC, not one single hiccup. I even shot a few mags one-handed; no issues. Tried shooting it the way I used to and had a failure right away.

I'm keeping this one!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Two pistols today off the market after sellers shot them and changed their minds.... Good for you man bc I was close to taking it from you.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two pistols today off the market after sellers shot them and changed their minds.... Good for you man bc I was close to taking it from you.
Truth is...I'd still love to by the single-stack Smith without a lot out of pocket. But I've loved this 36 since the day I bought it and can't see giving it up, now that it's reliable. I think the recoil spring on these things is so heavy, any drag on the slide is enough to slow it down and induce a failure. Never had a problem with this grip on my 9mm's, but again...different animal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.