New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one. How do you like it with the .357Sig cartridge. I have read some stuff and it sounds promising but I find most magazine articles to usually be a bit bias esp. a magazine centered around Glocks

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
5round has a small glock in .357 sig and the other day he was saying he wanted to get rid of it because ammo was too expensive.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have a G22 and bought a aftermarket LW barrel to shoot the .357 Sig, the ammo is pricey but i love the round. I stock up when I can get it on sale. I also kept the brass after last range day.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ammo is very expensive. The recoil is horrible, like .40 x3. Cool round, but I wouldnt want to shoot it, once every six mounths is enough for me.

I recommend shooting one before buying.

George

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the Glock 32 and like it a lot. Like people have said here the ammo is pricey. Other than the ammo being steep, I enjoy it very much. Also you can buy the .40 aftermarket barrel for it to make your shooting less pricey. As far as the recoil I don't have any issues.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who makes barrels to interchange with particular glocks for other calibers

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
810 Posts
are barrel and mags all you need to change out?
All is needed is the .40 barrel and your 357sig mags should work just fine...

·
Registered
451 Posts
All is needed is the .40 barrel and your 357sig mags should work just fine...
Part right but really wrong.

It is my understanding you can go down not up. For example... A .40 can go to .357 or to 9.

A 357 can go to 9 but not .40

A 9 can't go to .357 or .40

What gun are you going to convert Jon? As far as parts yes barrel and mag is it. But you should have no issues using .40 mags for .357 or visaversa.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a G19, G23C and G35. I love to try .357 Sig and 10mm

·
Registered
810 Posts
Part right but really wrong.

It is my understanding you can go down not up. For example... A .40 can go to .357 or to 9.

A 357 can go to 9 but not .40

A 9 can't go to .357 or .40

What gun are you going to convert Jon? As far as parts yes barrel and mag is it. But you should have no issues using .40 mags for .357 or visaversa.

Hope this helps.
Here is a good article about converting your 357 to .40 http://glockstore.com/blog_detail/72_Convert_Your_Glock_357_40_Caliber_and_Vice

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a G19, G23C and G35. I love to try .357 Sig and 10mm
Here is a good article about converting your 357 to .40 GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel
i have 2 40 glocks (23c & 35) and 1 9mm Glock (19) looking to convert one of the 40's to try out the 357 sig cartridge
luckly he has the .40 and hes going to the .357 sig because below ill show you how accurate that article is.

"One side note, you cannot convert a 9mm to .40 caliber or vise versa. Even though the frames are almost identical in size, you'll notice that the barrel will not "lock up" or "go into battery" in the slide."

but yet..... they sell a barrel to go from 40 to 9mm so obviously that article has some false. the going from .357 sig to 40, idk ive never done it but ive always been told you can convert down not up. thats why i own 3 23's and no 19's because id rather shoot both if i want than be limited to only the 9mm. ill buy a 357 sig and a 9mm barrel and switch as i wish.

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel Glock 23 40 S&W to 9mm Luger 1 16 Twist 4.02 SS.

either way john, all youll need to do to shoot .357 sig is to grab yourself a barrel and get some ammo.

as far as shooting a 10mm, you would need to buy a .45 acp and convert it or buy a 10mm. again you can only convert down, so you cant convert a 10mm gun to .45 but can go .45 to 10mm. you can not go from 40 to 10mm. for one the frames arent even the same, or the slides.

as far as which gun you convert to .357sig, id do your 35 if possible. the best part of .357 sig is its hotness, or speed. you will see more speed out of the 35 than the 23 because of barrel lengths. some say it wont be that much, but i promise you itll be at least a couple hundred FPS.

edit: storm lake does make a barrel for your 35. they actually make two. i would if it was me for sure get the extended barrel length. again because with the 6.02 over the 5.32 should gain a fair amount of FPS.

ill be happy if half of this was helpful for you jon lol.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If your interested in Lone Wolf give me a shout, I'm a dealer for them.
do they make any 10mm conversions. I wish id just find or win some money and i could by every model Glock just because

·
Registered
451 Posts
you dont have a gun convertable to 10mm.

the only gun that can be converted to 10mm is the 45 ACP. its physically impossible to do it without major fabrication to other models if at all. look at the size of a 10mm or 45 acp. then look at the size of 17,19,22,23's. way different. different frame, different slide. hell the sights dont even interchange.

nothing wrong with lonewolf barrels either. heard lots of good reviews about them. i was looking for barrels in the past and waited so i looked at a few. lonewolf and storm lake are the two i wanted to consider.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts