New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so my father has a Glock 17 Gen4 and whenever we go to shoot it, the brass likes to eject back into our faces. About 1 out of ever 3-4 shots leads to brass being shucked back right into our faces. We tried several different pistol grips/holds/stances and ammunition types, but to no avail. The ejecting brass does not seem to follow a smooth ejecting pattern like most other pistols, but instead ejects brass every way imaginable.

Is there a quick fix or replacement part that I can purchase to fix this problem or will I have to send the gun back to GLOCK to get it fixed?

I did a little research on my own and this problem seems to be synonymous with other Gen 4 glocks, especially the Glock 17 Gen 4.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with their Glock and, if so, what you did to remedy the problem.

Thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife's G19 Gen 4 does the exact same thing. Her remedy is to wear a hat to keep the brass from getting behind her shooting glasses. She learned the hard way when one got stuck in the temple area and gave her a slight burn. She also discovered that v-neck shirts are also a bad idea! It would be nice if there was a good fix for this problem, hopefully someone has a good answer.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
My wife's G19 Gen 4 does the exact same thing. Her remedy is to wear a hat to keep the brass from getting behind her shooting glasses. She learned the hard way when one got stuck in the temple area and gave her a slight burn. She also discovered that v-neck shirts are also a bad idea! It would be nice if there was a good fix for this problem, hopefully someone has a good answer.
Yes. Many of us had his problem. Had Glock send me the new RSA and ejector (or extractor).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Its a very common problem and has been covered like crazy all over the internet. I don't have a glock myself but I have repaired the issue on more than one of other people's guns.

Here's a couple of links to read, but really the super simple answer is just to get and install the 32704 ejector.
I had personally fixed this issue before that solution was available by simply reshaping the ejector. Now that the part is easy to get though , I'd suggest that route.

Glock 19 Gen4: Fixing the Ejection Issue... - Random Gun Stuff
Glock 19 Gen 3 - Brass to Face - Glock Talk
I have the definitive fix for Glocks ejecting brass into your face! - AR15.COM

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What ammo? I know the early ones did not run well with some of the 115 ammo , If you don't know of a local Glock armorer then send it back to Glock and they will service it, replace the return spring assembly , and the extractor. and you will be up and running fine,

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
My daughter and her boyfriend both have identical Glock 19 Gen3s. She complained of brass coming straight back at her head. We took both guns apart to compare inards and the ejectors are the same in both. She swapped guns with him. She gets brass straight back out of his gun too. He never gets brass back at his head from either gun. I'm thinking she holds her gun a bit loosey goosey compared to him and that's the issue. I've shot the guns and never had the problem either. Might try a tighter grip and stiffer arms and see if it helps.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just send it to Glock. How many rounds through the gun and when did it start happening?
Gun is just under 1 year old, has been doing it since my dad bought it. Maybe 200-250 rounds through the gun so far and it still does the same thing.

Haven't been able to shoot it that much to be honest but, when I do, having hot brass come back into my face is never a good time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife's G 19 is only 2 months old and did it from the start. She probably has 600-700 rounds through it and
it also flips brass at me when I shoot it. I would have thought it would have all the new and improved parts in it already.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
...having hot brass come back into my face is never a good time.
It's not and it's unacceptable.

My wife's G 19 is only 2 months old and did it from the start. She probably has 600-700 rounds through it and
it also flips brass at me when I shoot it. I would have thought it would have all the new and improved parts in it already.
G17 or G19 can have all the newest parts and still do this. You guys have 3 options.

1. Send it back to Glock and let them fix it (hopefully)
2. Sell your gun and buy something else.
3. Get an Apex extractor and there's a 99% chance it will fix the ejection issue. If it doesn't they will work with you, Apex has awesome customer service.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-list.php?pg1-cid22.html

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
It was manufactured two months ago or you purchased two months ago?
World of difference.
What RSA and ejector?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It was manufactured two months ago or you purchased two months ago?
World of difference.
What RSA and ejector?
The LGS had to order it from the distributor so I'm assuming it is factory fresh.
It has the 30274 ejector and I'm not sure about the RSA, is there a number on it?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not and it's unacceptable.

G17 or G19 can have all the newest parts and still do this. You guys have 3 options.

1. Send it back to Glock and let them fix it (hopefully)
2. Sell your gun and buy something else.
3. Get an Apex extractor and there's a 99% chance it will fix the ejection issue. If it doesn't they will work with you, Apex has awesome customer service.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-list.php?pg1-cid22.html
I'd like to get the Apex Extractor, but why do they recommend buying the following along with the product:?

Recommendation for best function:

• Spring Load Bearing for Glock Model 17, 19 and 34* - Glock Item # SP01176 (Available at Midwayusa.com, Brownells.com or Sharpsshootingsupply.com.
  • Glock 30274 Ejector

Shouldn't the gun already have these in it?

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
This is probably the combination they found that works best and most consistent, if you already have 30274 ejector then get the other part, its 1.99$ on Midway, order Apex extractor and you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is probably the combination they found that works best and most consistent, if you already have 30274 ejector then get the other part, its 1.99$ on Midway, order Apex extractor and you're good to go.
Ordered the APEX extractor. I'll post in this thread after I install it if it is working properly or not.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you have a 30274 ejector? I'd call/email Apex and ask if you need to get a new spring loaded bearing.
Checked my Glock before ordering and yes it does have the 30274 ejector since its less than a year old. Going off the basis that its a newer gun, my guess is that is also has the new spring loaded bearing. I'll find out for sure when I'm installing the Apex extractor. If not, I'll order a new one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts