New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my license last week only took 5 months!! Purchased my first pistol, S&W M&P 40C. Very nice!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have many acres here at the house. I Had set up a range while waiting for the permit and yes I have shot 100 rounds so far. It shoots great and I am very pleased with it. I carried concealed tonight for the first time and everything went well. I am very pleased with this pistol. Also have the M&P15 whic is enjoyable to shoot.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Thats awesome you are able to shoot at home. Was it weird carrying concealed for the first time? The more you do it the less you think about lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was very weird carrying for the first time. I wasn't as paranoid as I expected but the whole concept was certainly different. I am very pleased with the DeSantis holsters that I bought and as you said it will get to be more of a "natural" act the more I do it.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
For summer carry I ended up getting the sig p238 because it is tiny and I can carry in warmer months and I forget all about it until I go for something that I normally carry in the pocket lol.
Glad you got your permit and enjoy your pistol and holster. I am a little jealous though that you can shoot at home lol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your comments. I am fortunate that I do have these 35 acres out of town and can set up a range. I have different types of targets up and will add to them over time. The best thing is to be able to take only a few minutes to go "make some noise" without any travel or fuss. Take care and enjoy!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the club Congrats!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Congrats! I am a little jealous of the home range also but it sounds awesome. Be safe and have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts