New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
thats terrible... the comments are annoying as hell from that kara somebody... pushing her political agenda against guns in a tragedy like this.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
not much of an instructor, no offense to the deceased, but if you are training someone to shoot, esp a 9 yr old kid, you should be in a very very high state of awareness and make sure that muzzle is downrange, and 1 round at a time for Gods sake. This was just poor judgement. Now the kid has to live with being a murderer for the rest of her life, so 2 people were permently injured on this one. Rule # 1 with any guns is PAY ATTENTION!!!!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
not much of an instructor, no offense to the deceased, but if you are training someone to shoot, esp a 9 yr old kid, you should be in a very very high state of awareness and make sure that muzzle is downrange, and 1 round at a time for Gods sake. This was just poor judgement. Now the kid has to live with being a murderer for the rest of her life, so 2 people were permently injured on this one. Rule # 1 with any guns is PAY ATTENTION!!!!
even 1 round, and watching like a hawk. if you give them even 1 second to hold it on their own (while pointed down range and ready to fire) they could point it at you and pull the trigger without realizing it (getting distracted by a strange noise to the side or behind them). thats why we call these things accidents, not purposes.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's a tragedy. Not sure if I fully believe the liberal media, it was probably a semi auto. Either way, the instructor should've done a better job to prevent such an accident.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not too hard to see where this is going. In perusing the comments I've already seen many

wait for it

here it comes

annnnnnnnnd

THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW (<<<For this right here I must channel John Stossel: "Whenever someone says "there ought to be a law," there probably "ought not.")

that there is a minimum age to hold a gun!

Wow, how insightful. Thank you. Perhaps a law to not shoot people in the head as well?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Last week I took son's girlfriend to buy her first pistol (No, my son does not have his permit. yet). Anyway, while she is handling the different pistols, even though they were obviously cleared by the sales guy, she kept putting her finger on the trigger and aiming it towards him. Made me crazy. I kept reminding her what she was doing was wrong, even gently moving her arm, but the guy behind the counter said "oh don't worry, I get aimed at all day long". WTF. You're trying to have a teachable moment and a subject matter expert makes a remark like that. Scary ****.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I'm sorry, I can not wrap my head around the logic that would put a full auto Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old. Never mind the poor 8 year old who lost his life. You don't need to make a law one already exists, Gross Negligence comes to mind and it doesn't fall on the kids.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I'm sorry, I can not wrap my head around the logic that would put a full auto Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old. Never mind the poor 8 year old who lost his life. You don't need to make a law one already exists, Gross Negligence comes to mind and it doesn't fall on the kids.
Full-Auto UZI, through the liberal BS remover, comes out as "Semi auto carbine."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Video from the parents' cell phone of the accident is here:

It cuts off just before the fatal shot, but clearly the 9 year old cannot control the full-auto uzi, nor would I really expect her to. The comments that follow the video are suitable for ignoring - you can guess what the trolls and antis have to say.

She fires one shot in semi-auto, then the instructor switches the selector to full auto. She pulls the trigger, and immediately loses control of the gun, sweeping to her left where the instructor is standing.

A 9 year old can have plenty of fun just shooting with a single shot rifle or a bolt action -I doubt the full auto uzi was her idea. There is a level of "common sense" for anyone who is pro-gun to say that a particular firearm may be too much gun for a specific person to handle. I'm not going to start my son out with a .338, he's going to learn gun safety on my grandfather's 1947 bolt-action 22lr. We can work our way up from there.

Overall, this is just a tragedy that affects too many people - some of whom share the blame for this avoidable accident.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Full-Auto UZI, through the liberal BS remover, comes out as "Semi auto carbine."
But it's not. This was exactly like the previous incident mentioned above, a fully auto-Uzi. You can hear him say as much in the video before he gets shot.

This time it was he that got killed instead of the shooter, which is... less horrific I guess. But still it's unexcusable that not only is he dead due to his foolish and reckless actions but now this girl has to deal with that.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Saw a quick blurb about this on the news this morning. All ready I can feel the antis foaming at the mouth to spout more anti-gun nonsense because of this horrible accident.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Ill agree it was a poor decision to have someone so young and inexperienced fire in full auto, the guy was trying to be careful but he wasnt in the position to control the firearm. its a terrible mistake that cost him his life.

i watched that youtube video and the comments are pure insanity, it never ceases to amaze me how much anti 2a, and anti American rhetoric gets spewed. no compassion for this poor little girl who has to live with that (its not her fault by any stretch), but just how terrible America and the 2nd Amendment is...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Saw a quick blurb about this on the news this morning. All ready I can feel the antis foaming at the mouth to spout more anti-gun nonsense because of this horrible accident.
Considering two deaths is a short time at ranges under the guidance of instructors gives them plenty of ammunition.... Many of these incidents are not accidents, its negligence.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts