New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about teach self sufficiency and job searching. I sure here voter base is delighted she's fighting for them.

The Senate Agriculture Committee recently approved a farm and food plan with more than $4 billion in cuts to food stamps. Gillibrand was the lone Democrat on the committee to vote against the measure.

Gillibrand Fights Proposed Cuts To Food Stamps - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

· Registered
3,865 Posts
A 100% cut is not cool either. There are plenty of people who worked and payed into the system for years who occasionally have the need for food stamps to help feed their families for a few weeks while they obtain another job, and then drop off the food stamp program as soon as they can. Yes, it is a minority, but they are quite legit.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
A 100% cut is not cool either. There are plenty of people who worked and payed into the system for years who occasionally have the need for food stamps to help feed their families for a few weeks while they obtain another job, and then drop off the food stamp program as soon as they can. Yes, it is a minority, but they are quite legit.
Privatize it. Charity or community programs. The government doesn't need to run it because, as we have seen, that fails miserably.

· Registered
164 Posts
madicade and welfare are sinking this country so fast its not even funny. these lazy bastards need to get to work like the rest of us. a few days ago i went on duty at 0600 and a bum was making a sign begging for money and when i got out at 1500 he was still on the same corner. tell me why he can stand there all day and panhandle but cant work ??? makes me sick.(i understand that some ppl have certain situations and need the help those are not the ppl im talking about however) sorry for the rant

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
madicade and welfare are sinking this country so fast its not even funny. these lazy bastards need to get to work like the rest of us. a few days ago i went on duty at 0600 and a bum was making a sign begging for money and when i got out at 1500 he was still on the same corner. tell me why he can stand there all day and panhandle but cant work ??? makes me sick.(i understand that some ppl have certain situations and need the help those are not the ppl im talking about however) sorry for the rant
John Stossel had a GREAT documentary on freeloaders, and one part was about panhandelers in NYC. What did he find out? In certain circumstances it is much more lucrative to panhande then get a job. One girl he interviewed panhandling was making $50/hr! She wasn't even poor! She went home at the end of the day, changed back into her nice clothes and went about her day. Teaching people that begging and not trying to get a job will pay is what NOT to do.

Here:

· Registered
164 Posts
i hear what your saying but i doubt this guy made more then coffe money in down town niagara falls ny lol

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
Think of this example when it comes to the lazy people on welfare. You have the lazy people on welfare who we will give a score of 10 on wealth scale (made up scale and made up numbers). Then we have the working class who we will say have a score of 60. So now (its to early for using real math but this gets the point accross) the working class is reduced to a score of 50 to pay for the lazy welfare to be bumped up to 20. But wait the lazy welfare are lazy so they waste and slide back down to 10 while the working class stays at 50. Now we need to help the lazy welfare more so the working class drops to 40 just to bring the lazy welfare up 20 again. So this cycles continues and you get some of the working class giving up because why should they work when they can become one of the lazy welfare people. So you can see how the system just doesnt work.

BUT the government did make it tougher for those who lose their job to get on welfare. So the easy way is for those on welfare to have kids to get more money. Since those kids grew up on welfare when they are old enough they meet the requirements for welfare and get on it. So you have an ever growing class of welfare recipeints and the working class giving up on working because they cant makes ends meet because they have to pay for welfare and cant afford to have many kids who in turn wont work because they arent born and welfare gets less money so taxes are raised and so on and so on.

Rant over lol.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture,
is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and fo od
stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of
the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow
dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
AM FORWARDING THIS TO A FEW OF THE "THINKERS" OUT THERE.
IT REFLECTS THE FEELINGS OF A LOT OF PEOPLE.

I have never heard this said as simply or as well. Class war at its best.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying
for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can
no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And, the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to
stop.

And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on
top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have
told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are
PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... the people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they
need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who
are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free
stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more
people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

Now understand this. All great democracies have committed financial suicide
somewhere between 200 and 250years after being founded. The reason?

The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by
electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in
exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, 236 years ago. The
number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the
free stuff. We have one chance to change that in 2012. Failure to change
that spells the end of the United States as we know it.

ELECTION 2012 IS COMING

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!
For all our sake PLEASE Take a Stand!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.