New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinion: Guns killing women: Congress must act - CNN.com

Domestic violence isn't a joke. I'll give her that. However, how about all the times that a good gal with a gun defended herself against a rapist, stalker, crazy ex, etc? Physically speaking women are generally weaker than men. A gun levels the playing field. I guess Giffords thinks they should just go back to urinating on their attackers.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'd like to see a woman campaigning for a program to give out a pistol with every restraining order. That would actually do something for women's safety.

On a side note: Why (especially in today's equality climate) do we assume that it is always men abusing women?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have never seen a "gun" kill anyone. I have never seen a knife stab anyone, or a baseball bat smash anyone's teeth out. Come to think of it I have never seen a car driving drunk either. I wonder where Ms Potatohead got her information, her assault weapon buying hubby perhaps?

I would imagine that Giffords prefers women be raped and stabbed or beaten to death over them being able to defend themselves and kill their attacker.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I would imagine that Giffords prefers women be raped and stabbed or beaten to death over them being able to defend themselves and kill their attacker.
I think they honestly don't want to have the responsibility of choice in the matter. After all, when you have no choice you have no way of being wrong.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Is she going to give up her guns, or the protection afforded her by people with guns, to prove her point?

After all, if it is the gun, then she should get them away from herself ASAP.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
funny how this coincides with bloomturds new commercial on youtube. of course we know they are in cahoots so its a strategic attack to target victims of domestic violence to support their agenda.

i dont know a single good person who doesnt oppose violence, and certainly domestic violence.

lets ban kitchen knives because there are countless domestic violence attacks done with kitchen knives. there was just one on Long Island last week, has anyone heard about that on the news?

Long Island Mother of 2 Was Stabbed 20 Times by Boyfriend: Prosecutors | NBC New York

where are these domestic violence groups for this poor woman.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You can disregard the previous post. It must be a figment of your imagination as far as the Bloombergs and his type of ilk are concerned.

If we can only get rid of the guns, women will have nothing to fear anymore.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The difference with knives is that someone actually has to use one to hurt you. A gun will just attack you for no reason. ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i dont know a single good person who doesnt oppose violence, and certainly domestic violence.
Which is why they are using the "domestic violence" angle when the law already prohibits firearm possession by any person that is convicted of that crime, and also prohibits any person that is just subject to a restraining order for that crime even if they have not been charged much less convicted. The article says convicted "stalkers" are not barred from possession, which is only true if the crime they committed does not carry a max penalty of a year or more in prison.

They keep on conflating dog whistle non-issues with edge cases where they can insert the tip of a lever. Once they get that lever in place, they can use the domestic violence issue which is already addressed in law to force more laws down our throats that have little or nothing to do with domestic violence.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
The difference here is if you're a convicted domestic abuser it's already felony to possess a firearm. Congress doesn't need to do ANYTHING.

It's very rare that a spousal abuser will jump straight to shooting his spouse, rather it occurs after a long duration of abuse ( and usually after the guy is convicted of domestic assault). The law is silent on kitchen knives, bats, fists and cars. If they really cared about this issue, they'd seek to permanently separate a domestic abuser from the abused spouse because whatever impliment the guy chooses to use to commit assault/murder is inconsequential. HE is the problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What expertise does Ms. Giffords have regarding guns? Or on Constitutional issues regarding the 2nd Amendment? It seems that her resume on these topics consists of having stopped a bullet with her head.

Now I feel sorry for innocent people hurt by gun violence, but when Ms. Giffords allowed herself to be used as a tool to assault the Constitution by her handlers that is where my sympathy stops.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The most basic structure in any society is the family and what ever ethos that ties them together with other families making a community. The social engineering with all its appurtenance has all but destroyed our society using progressive politics, perpetrated by liberals and rino's through the last century. Its not guns, its people like you!
Robin

·
Registered
891 Posts
What expertise does Ms. Giffords have regarding guns? Or on Constitutional issues regarding the 2nd Amendment? It seems that her resume on these topics consists of having stopped a bullet with her head.

Now I feel sorry for innocent people hurt by gun violence, but when Ms. Giffords allowed herself to be used as a tool to assault the Constitution by her handlers that is where my sympathy stops.
She is a Liberal - that automatically makes her an expert on any topic. After all, if you had any brains in your head, you would agree with her. If you oppose her, you must be stupid. It's simple logic.

I'm sure she has had a tough recovery, but let's be honest - #1 As one of the political elite, she had the best health care money & power can buy. #2 She still has her life - we don't hear much about the people that died that day. I'd like to think that I am a big enough person that if other people caught bullets that were meant for me - and they died while I lived, I would make sure their names were not forgotten.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have never seen a "gun" kill anyone. I have never seen a knife stab anyone, or a baseball bat smash anyone's teeth out. Come to think of it I have never seen a car driving drunk either. I wonder where Ms Potatohead got her information, her assault weapon buying hubby perhaps?

You hit the nail on the head with this post, as one Democrap said "Rape only last a few minutes, Death last forever"

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

if guns kill people then forks and spoons make you fat !

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
.... and women are killing men everyday with the constant nagging and *****ing and complaining which forces men to commit suicide because they'd rather be dead than have to go through a divorce in the lop sided courts we have now ..... thanks to women complaining. So now what?? (LOL ... this should be a good one because swilliams will shoot me and smurfette will choke me to death ..... see??? Now I'm in fear of my life because I spoke out!!! You women are SO aggressive and angry all the time!! :rofl:)

How many guys here have gone to the range to shoot paper to get AWAY from the "other half"?? Ahhhhh .....see?? Guns SAVE women's lives!!! Bahahahahahaa ..... I could go on forever with this one. ;)

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Now I feel sorry for innocent people hurt by gun violence,
I agree with most of what you said, although im confused. what is this "gun violence" term you speak of? I hear the liberal media spout this off often to brainwash the people of society into thinking that guns are violent by nature... but we all know that they are inanimate objects not capable of feelings or behavior so the term "gun violence" is really only a term created by the left to create a psychological association with the word gun to the act of violence to create a fear of guns in general.

Im busting your chops here, because no one should be using the word "gun violence" unless we are going to start calling rapes "penis violence".

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd like to see a woman campaigning for a program to give out a pistol with every restraining order. That would actually do something for women's safety.
I second that. That piece of paper isn't going to do you any good. I see it happen all the time in my job.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts