Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://ghostgunner.net/

Who is in?

1. RAYKNOBS
2. androokwomo
3.buell
4. anonymous #1
5. llink

I am serious, If we all split it we all own it, we all mill our own. PM me to be put on the list.

Minimum 12 buyers. Price will be determined when we decided to close the buy. You must pay at that time.

I don't care where you live but the machine will be based somewhere in Rochester. Every accommodation will be made to get out of town owners access.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Nice.

But, I'm sure that this will be stopped by the feds before it is released. Not that it is illegal...it is just useful to easily produce firearms from untraceable non-firearm components.

You can be sure that anyone who purchases this device will be "watched."

That said, this is a really, really, cool device (if it works)!

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Neat stuff...great use of a moronic congressman for the voice over.

The only problem I see is that most 80% paperweights do not have the rear well milled out. So, there is still some work to be done more conventionally.

I want the one where you insert aluminum bar stock and you take out finished lower receivers or frames.

·
5,474 Posts
The only problem I see is that most 80% paperweights do not have the rear well milled out. So, there is still some work to be done more conventionally.

I want the one where you insert aluminum bar stock and you take out finished lower receivers or frames.
Milling out the rear well of an 80 % plus drilling the trigger group holes is what the CNC does.

You still would need CAM software plus the program. Which I'd bet Mr. Wilson will have available somewhere.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Milling out the rear well of an 80 % is what the CNC does
The advertised CNC device mills out the main portion of the fire control pocket and apparently drills the necessary side mounting holes. The rear takedown well must be done before putting the 80% lower into this device:

·
5,474 Posts
That can be done with drill press.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
78 left when i looked... going fast folks!

The issue i have is that disclaimer about allowing others to use your machine could be construed as intent to manufacture for others...

I don't see how lending someone a chain say means that you are making firewood for them, but this is our govt we are talking about.

If i give you $100 and you buy ammo with it, some will say i bought you the ammo. Others just that i gave/lent you money.

Also, i have a hard time thinking a jury would look at a maching like that that costs $1200 and say "Yes, it makes sense that someone paid $1200 for a machine for personal use that makes a part from a $20 blank that could have been purchased for $60. You would need to make 30 of these at those prices to break even given that you spend no other money?"

Who buys an individual who isn't going to sell making 30 lowers? That means you have 30 rifles (potentially) that would cost $500 a pop at a minimum (maybe if you are really good you could make one for less)... that's $15k worth of AR-15s.

This has "INVITE THE MAN INTO YOUR LIFE AND GET BENT OVER!!!!!" written all over it. :(

That's too bad, CUZ I WANT ONE!

:)

·
5,474 Posts
You could not sell what you machine to pay for the CNC mill as you can only make a gun for your own use.
Otherwise you become an unlicensed manufacturer and could be pretty serious.

There are lots more uses for a cheap table top Mill than just machining 80% lowers.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
You could not sell what you machine to pay for the CNC mill as you can only make a gun for your own use.
Otherwise you become an unlicensed manufacturer and could be pretty serious.
yep. but a few of us could go in on the purchase of one of these and just use it for personal use!

I'm in RAYKNOBS if you're serious and we can split it enough ways that I'll be able to afford my share.

·
5,474 Posts
yep. but a few of us could go in on the purchase of one of these and just use it for personal use!

I'm in RAYKNOBS if you're serious and we can split it enough ways that I'll be able to afford my share.
Gotcha...The neighborhood homemaker's club...Meetings every other Tuesday.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am serious, If we all split it we all own it, we all mill our own. PM me to be put on the list.

Minimum 12 buyers. Price will be determined when we decided to close the buy. You must pay at that time.

I don't care where you live but the machine will be based somewhere in Rochester. Every accommodation will be made to get out of town owners access.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I read about a place in Cali that would rent out their CNC (a real $100k CNC) by the hour. They had a program for a receiver stored so people could bring in their blank, rent the machine for an hour and just push go.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read about a place in Cali that would rent out their CNC (a real $100k CNC) by the hour. They had a program for a receiver stored so people could bring in their blank, rent the machine for an hour and just push go.
And were raided by The ATF. No renting here. We are owners

·
Registered
574 Posts
https://ghostgunner.net/

Who is in?
4. anonymous #1

Under federal law, manufacturing a firearm for contemplation of future sale without an FFL is prohibited. Without a manufacturing FFL, you should manufacture firearms for personal use only. There are methods to legally transfer ownership of personally manufactured firearms, but they do not apply when the original manufacturing intent is to build a firearm for commercial or non-personal use. Recent ATF determinations have signaled that allowing others use of your CNC equipment may itself constitute manufacturing, therefore Defense Distributed advises GhostGunner owners to neither print firearms for other individuals, nor allow other individuals to use their GhostGunner to manufacture firearms
this is from their web site.

1. RAYKNOBS
2. androokwomo
3.buell

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If we got a few people in the capital region interested, could we send someone out to get trained on it, and then bring it around this area for use for a month?

Going to Rochester to machine something sounds like it might happen once in my life... :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
If we got a few people in the capital region interested, could we send someone out to get trained on it, and then bring it around this area for use for a month?

Going to Rochester to machine something sounds like it might happen once in my life... :)
It can't be "loaned out". But if you get in on ownership, and play it right. Once would be enough.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

If there were enough guys and a way to transport it I think it could work.
I don't one guy from east bum **** expecting this thing to be in his basement for a year.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts