New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
What he did should not be a crime to begin with. As much as I think he's a putz for supporting SAFE, this helps our position.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So, can he still legally own a firearm?
I believe I have a list of crimes regarding this at work. I'll check tomorrow.

Just being nitpicky, but there is no State Pobation. Probation departments are run at the county level (minus NYC), with unfunded mandates coming from the state. So Erie County Probation would be the one that recommended that sentence.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Until our ass winds up in jail for the same thing.
I've been saying since this story broke that as much as we all want to see this guy fry for getting caught up in the BS law that he was all in favor of, we have to throw him our support for the greater good of the 2A. If we believe that he should be sent to prison for what he did, (which was a victimless "crime") then that is our endorsement of the law. Hippocritical as he may be, what he did should not be a crime at all.

I'd prefer that he walk on these charges and let karma catch up with him on an unrelated matter sometime in the future. Maybe he has some unpaid back taxes that the IRS could nail him with, fraudulent checks, insider trading, past due child support.... anything else.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I hear what you are saying. I just have a feeling that if that was you or me, we know how that would have turned out.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I hear what you are saying. I just have a feeling that if that was you or me, we know how that would have turned out.
Most likely.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So, can he still legally own a firearm?
Ok so the list I have at work, heading is Serious Offenses ( NYS PENAL LAW 265.00 (17)(1)(b) NYS PENAL LAW 400.00(1)). "Illegally using, carrying, possessing a pistol or other dangerous weapon. See Article 265 for details. Individuals convicted of a felony or serious offense may not possess a firearm (any pistol or revolver), rifle or shotgun. See NYS PENAL LA 265.01(4), 400.00(1) & 400.00(11) for details."

The list is as follows:
Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 3rd (D Felony)
Promoting Prostitution 3rd (D Felony)
Possession of Burglar's Tools (A Misdemeanor)
Escape 3rd (A Misdemeanor)
Endangering the Welfare of a Child (A Misdemeanor)
Stalking 3rd (A Misdemeanor)
Stalking 4th (B Misdemeanor)
Permitting Prostitution (B Misdemeanor)
Issuing Abortion Articles (B Misdemeanor)
Obscenity and Related Offenses defined in Article 235
Sex Offenses defined in Article 130
Controlled Substances Offenses defined in Article 220

Now my personal favorites -_-
Jostling (A Misdemeanor)
Fraudulent Accosting (A Misdemeanor)

and last but not least......

Loitering (Violation)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pos.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Until our ass winds up in jail for the same thing.
Again that would help our position. You cant do for one and not for the other. A good lawyer would point this out and make a huge stink about because i know i would

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I would say that the libs and politicians have begun DESERVE treatment rectally.
Damn Doc, have you had your coffee yet today?
That's twice in one day! ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So if we get caught somewhere we aren't supposed to be with a firearm just say your a bleeding heart liberal who supports the safe act and other anti 2a laws and all will be forgiven.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Again that would help our position. You cant do for one and not for the other. A good lawyer would point this out and make a huge stink about because i know i would
And you think that would do what, exactly? When's the last time someone got off on a gun charge in DC by pointing out that Meet the Press did it and wasn't prosecuted?

Of course not. He gets a light sentence for the same reason he flaunts the law that he claims to support... he's connected.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I don't understand how some are claiming this "helps us."

Anyone arrested for a similar crime is not going to be able to point to the leniency in this case to get their own charges reduced or dismissed, it doesn't work that way.

The prosecutors, judge, and probation department used their discretion to determine that this POS "deserved" leniency. Other officials in different jurisdictions, particularly judges but also including prosecutors and probation departments, will exercise their own discretion as they see fit.

There is nothing whatsoever about this case that will help anyone else with a similar charge in a different court.

He got off because he's an anti-gun activist with connections to the Democrat fascist establishment, and they are taking care of their own.

He should have been hoisted on his own petard.

I guarantee that any unconnected, "extremists" charged with this offense will not receive the same leniency, and their case will not be helped by this at all.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Favoritism, Total BS he should have been fried. This will not help most of those on this board if found to have forgotten you where carrying in the wrong place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Weird story. They received multiple 911 calls but the callers didn't identify him? How did he not know they were at the school for him?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.