New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It's a bird. It's a plane. It's SUPERMOON!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Thats awesome vet, can't get anything even close to that with my camera

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Thanks! Its hard to get manual focus because I used screen at 10x to zoom in on moon (you can actually see moon moving in frame) and as soon as I touched the focus ring everything starts shaking lol.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Thanks! Its hard to get manual focus because I used screen at 10x to zoom in on moon (you can actually see moon moving in frame) and as soon as I touched the focus ring everything starts shaking lol.
Oh, thank God that was your camera. Was afraid it was the scope for that new build. Hey, steak and lobster is expensive, you never know...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The moon was moving quite quickly so it was hard to get a picture through the telescope. Plus the trees were getting in the way as you can see in the picture.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
The moon was moving quite quickly so it was hard to get a picture through the telescope. Plus the trees were getting in the way as you can see in the picture.

I think those photos have a cool look to them. Its kinda like the Apollo days lol or deep space photos. Are those full size or did you crop them? I had to crop mine A LOT! Not sure if there is a way but if you can focus I suggest doing it manually and take lots of pictures and keep refocusing and you should get atleast 1 or 2 in good focus.
Also I notice that the big crater on my lower right of the moon is on the lower left of yours.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I used my cell phone and took the pictures from the eyepiece on the telescope haha I couldn't find the adapter for my dslr. The bottom picture was too bright, so I had to adjust the brightness for the others. Otherwise I didn't change any focus or crop anything. That's how they uploaded to facebook from my phone haha.

First and last picture were with a 25mm lens on the telescope.
Middle was a 9mm lens.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I didnt get any pics. But did take my new spotting scope out tonite and last night. Gorgeous

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will not post any of my pics...cause they are just down right embarrassing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts