1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
What a surprise.Tax paying NY'ers always end up with the short end of the stick.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
4 billion $ to repair a ****ing bridge? Are they encrusting it with diamonds and platinum? That's an obscene amount of money.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
No worries. Most of the toll money doesn't really go towards road and bridge repair. It goes towards pay, benefits, and pensions for toll collectors.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Thruway was paid off years ago, toll booths were supposed to come down. They stayed.

New Hampshire has a former toll road, bonds paid off, toll booths removed.

Lower/no taxes, better roads, better gun laws... How can this be?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Guess you never seen the Tap. It is huge.
I understand but I could buy Cowboys and Patriots for that money and still have some left over. This screams corruption, abuse and fraud. I think building a whole new bridge would be cheaper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world's_most_expensive_transport_infrastructure

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Thruway tolls were supposed to cease in 1996 when all the bonds were paid off. But in true NY fashion, they've increased instead. Anyone travel the stretch from the PA line up towards Dunkirk recently? I think the moon has a smoother surface.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Not defending the thruway authority one bit but they did get rid of the tolls on the 190 in buffalo. But there are still too many tolls. One is too many. Other problem is toll money seems to get spent on other things. And the thruway authority took over the canal system. I really dont get that one.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts