New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of George Benzinger? (sp?) A friend of mine picked up a gun where this person signed it with an electro pencil or something and he's suppose to be some gunmith in NY somewhere ... or use to be if he's passed on. Can't find much on him .... actually nothing on him. The gun is a 1980 Marlin 45.70 with custom scroll work on top of the receiver, a custom Walnut stock with cheek rest which is all hand checkered, a Leupold 1.5-5 scope on it with a weird mount where you pull two tab things back and the scope slides off the rail it's on. The bolt has been jeweled, an obvious trigger job that's awesome I must say and a custom finish applied to the metal to where it looks almost dark grey instead of black. I'm sure this gun is worth something and he told me stories of how much the gun was purchased for by the sprevious owner BUT ... I have a hard time believing the price. Does anyone hear know of this George Benzinger fellow and what his custom guns are besides a work of art?? (This gun has never been fired.) Highly sought after in the collector world?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Try... George Beitzinger

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Gunner!!! That must be the one. Looks like my buddy is sitting on a valuable gun. I have to get it off him somehow. Gorgeous gun too. I'm sure it won't be cheap though. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
George Beitzinger

Has anyone heard of George Benzinger? (sp?) A friend of mine picked up a gun where this person signed it with an electro pencil or something and he's suppose to be some gunmith in NY somewhere ... or use to be if he's passed on. Can't find much on him .... actually nothing on him. The gun is a 1980 Marlin 45.70 with custom scroll work on top of the receiver, a custom Walnut stock with cheek rest which is all hand checkered, a Leupold 1.5-5 scope on it with a weird mount where you pull two tab things back and the scope slides off the rail it's on. The bolt has been jeweled, an obvious trigger job that's awesome I must say and a custom finish applied to the metal to where it looks almost dark grey instead of black. I'm sure this gun is worth something and he told me stories of how much the gun was purchased for by the sprevious owner BUT ... I have a hard time believing the price. Does anyone hear know of this George Benzinger fellow and what his custom guns are besides a work of art?? (This gun has never been fired.) Highly sought after in the collector world?
I know him, just met him yesterday. He is living in Queens, NY, just retired from the business. If you want me to, I will ask him if he would want to talk to you. Very, very nice guy, a real pleasure to meet. You can write to my email at [email protected] and I will pass on your message. I'll be seeing him 2/27/16 or 2/28/16

1 - 5 of 5 Posts