New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got most of my parts. Barrel is (hopefully) 2 weeks out. Lower is not in the photo but I have it. Charging handle will be scavenged from another rifle until the Rainier ambi charging handle comes out.

Font Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Engineering

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Looking good!! I have my Allstar lower that I have to get to work on myself.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Sweet. I'm in process of building out an AST lower with dos amigos, ha, ha. I'm psyched! I'm sure pics will follow when we're done.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And done!

Well almost. Have a badger charging handle in it until I can get the one I want when it comes out next week.

Wood Sculpture Art Flooring Gas

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
looks niiiice!

·
Registered
274 Posts
That looks sweet! What kind of muzzle brake is that?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love it, FDE is the new black:cool:
I actually believe a black rifle should be black. But I got the buttstock on clearance and they only had green and FDE. So I bought a grip and rail to match the stock.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
After seeing this in person tonight and working on the upper, I can say it should be one hell of a good rifle for what he wants to do with it.

Nice job Jeff!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sweet Jesus that's nice.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good Jeff, post up a report on that comp after you shoot it. Interested to know how it shoots.
I was adjusting the gas block and a guy I knew was at the range next to me. I fired one round and I heard "JESUS JEFF!!!!" and he went outside to talk on the phone. Some cardboard fell off the partition from the blast at the same time. I had him load up 5 rounds and I stood off to the side to experience it but I didn't think it was any worse than a FSC556 or battle comp.

I did not shoot offhand before it got dark so I can't comment on how well it works just yet.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took it for a spin today.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chicks dig leftys.

I think an AR is pretty lefty friendly. The charging handle and mag release are the two sticking points and I think I solved those with a norgon ambi mag release and raptor charging handle. I think a right handed rifle would have the best resale if I ever wanted to sell it and lets me run whatever bolt carrier group I want. I assume you need a proprietary BCG to run in a left handed rifle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts