New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,220 Posts
It is a shame what happened to his wife. It is even more of a shame that a veteran and to some a hero astronaut does not have the brains or maybe the brass to realize the BS he is spewing would have never prevent what happened to his wife or anybody else. The simple truth is someone needed to be armed that day, some one needed to be carrying that day and it may have ended differently. Everyone has the right to self-defense, apparently he and his wife understood that but failed to be carrying. Sorry but shame on them! That the real truth. (I can't help but thinking about all the politicians lately stating to rape victims etc; "you don't need a gun", it would not have changed anything") What if they stated stating "Sorry but you should've had your gun, you have the right to defend yourself, were was your gun?

Instead the idiot pushes for bans and limitations to an item when millions are in circulation today. With the hope that someone witnessing a shooting will be counting the number of shots fired so that they can rush the shooter to disarm them. JUSTY PLAIN IDIOTIC!

· Registered
1,640 Posts
I hate to judge, but it seems like he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame an awful lot, anyone want to take bets how long before he runs for office or takes a political appointment.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
Two threads going about this. Mine as well post in both.

So he is going to buy the AR and then turn it into the police? Why? Now he is running his own gun buy back program I guess. Shove it Mr. Astronaut. Very sorry about what happened to Gabby, but taking our guns away won't do anything to prevent that from happening again. Stick to retirement and go enjoy your golden years. Kiss our ass and go away.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
How is this 2 faced?

He bought it with the purpose of turning it into the police not for personal use. It was supposed to be a statement about how easy it was to purchase an AR. (easy after a background check and 3 day wait, WTF)

What you should focus on is why he isn't turning the pistol he owns into the police also.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
If you read the many articles on this, he only did it to "prove" that its "easy" to get an "assault weapon". How easy it was for someone who has no criminal record, and used to have a government clearance to buy one. Really it proves nothing, of course. He also bought a handgun, and didn't say what he is going to do with it. He did state he is turning in the rifle, if he picks it up, into the police.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
His wife was shot and to use her as the I'll become a some body is Low. The gun and guy that shot his wife was an AZ problem if they would of followed up and done their jobs the system had him, they failed to act. This mental reject gets a gun shoots up the place and they blame the gun? That Showed me right there and than where the Giffords stood. Mark paraded her in front of the hearing, and rather than say the system we have now would of stopped this but officials failed to act.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
His wife was shot and to use her as the I'll become a some body is Low. The gun and guy that shot his wife was an AZ problem if they would of followed up and done their jobs the system had him, they failed to act. This mental reject gets a gun shoots up the place and they blame the gun? That Showed me right there and than where the Giffords stood. Mark paraded her in front of the hearing, and rather than say the system we have now would of stopped this but officials failed to act.
Yes, and since they were supposedly strong 2A supporters, you have to wonder if someone paid them a tidy but untraceable sum to become the poster people for gun control. After all, who can resist poor disabled Gabby?

· Registered
2,833 Posts
The only point he made was how easy it is for a law-abiding citizen to excersise their second amendment rights, then his !st to talk about it. Isn't our constitution just great, not to be ignored when it fits your agenda.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.