New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to acquire new sights for my Glock G23 and have researched the ones available by the following OEM's

1.) XS Big Dots
2.) Trijicon HD
3.) Heinie Tritium Slant Pro Straight 8's

Does anyone have any experience with these types of sights, and could you share your opinions?

Much Thanks in advance!

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I have the trijicon's on my G23 but with the Novak rears (slanted). Some people love them, some hate them claiming they make some one handed operations (racking the slide) harder. I love them. The dots are on the smaller side during day use, but there's no problem finding them at night.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I would strongly recommend the Trijicon HDs. I had XS Big Dot sights on a Glock 26 and I hated them. They shoot consistently high, and yes I am using the correct sight picture. You can get fast hits *roughly* on target with them. I will certainly give them credit for being fast, getting that golf ball up and covering the target fast is very easy. But the point of impact is anywhere in a 5 inch or so circle for me.

I've found with traditional three-dot sights, once I get used to the gun and how it points, I can quickly bring the gun up the same way and get the same results, the sights are perfectly lined up right where I want them.

The Heinies are the same concept as the X/S, except I believe they are a little smaller, allowing a little more precision. You also get a better rear sight to line up with the front. I would prefer them to the X/S sights for this reason. However, I'd probably have the same complaints. I will take accuracy over speed, because I believe the speed comes anyway with familiarity, and I believe traditional three-dot sights are more accurate.

Just my opinion though. There are a lot of smart people who really like the "dot the i" style sights.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm for sure in need of some new sights for my G23. I don't necessarily need night sights but I for sure need a set of steel sights, the plastic ones are starting to get worn down on the front sight due to drawing :confused:

· Registered
520 Posts
I had a set of Heinie Tritium Slant Pro Straight 8's, put on my G17 and for night work they were outstanding but my eyes are not what they use to be and I just couldn't get a good picture in the time frame I wanted during daylight shooting. I ended up changing them out for a cheaper set of High-Vis and have been very happy with the change.

Nothing wrong with the idea or sight picture of the Heinie's, just my eyes that are not up to the same standard any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.