New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the other day I was looking at beretta 92's on gunbroker and this gem came up:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/90two/

I think it's pretty slick, a lil updated from the "OG" model, and comes with a couple new tricks -- there's some changable grips, and the front rail has a cover that goes over it when not in use.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone thinking about getting one of these... I confirmed thru Beretta USA's FB page ( I msged them) that the pre-ban mags for the 92fs will work for this model as well, woot!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've owned 1 for awhile now absolutly love it. Had John Blauvelt put a d spring in,and smooth up the trigger. A little over 5k through it,and not 1 problem,but that's tipical for beretta 92 pistols.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be sure to check out the PX4 line as well. Very underrated pistols.
I haven't shot one so I can't say anything negative about it, but the g/f shot a 92fs down in PA or NJ (one of the two, dont remember where we were, but we were at a gun shop/indoor range where you could rent naything) and she really, really liked the 92. It's always been that "classic" gun that I think of and used to draw when I was a kid, so i've always wanted one.

Not that I can't find a 92fs anywhere, but I was curious about this model. I do like it as it maintains it's "classic" look while adding some updated style... kinda like the new camaro I guess.

Also for me, pre ban standard capacity magazines are almost a must, do pre ban mags for the 92fs work w/ the px4?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice. That one is on my to get list.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Not sure if the OP was looking to buy one of these, but I just saw one in the used case at Pro-Gun in Victor. I think the price was $650, which seems high. They are running a 10% off all handguns sale until labor day, and you could always talk them down on it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It looks like a PX4 storm crossed with a 92.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if the OP was looking to buy one of these, but I just saw one in the used case at Pro-Gun in Victor. I think the price was $650, which seems high. They are running a 10% off all handguns sale until labor day, and you could always talk them down on it.
it was a thought, I've seen it on their website for a few weeks. Nice to know about the 10% :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
abundance of pre ban mags for these guns makes me want to buy one..... And most variants (92sf, m9 and 90-two included) is a pretty gun.

Although I've seen few very harsh critics of these guns too. Most seems favorable towards them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I shot this gun in .40 cal. It felt great and i was on the money. I also shot the M9A1 and I couldn't stop shooting it!! The .40 round I have no luck with it . To snappy for me. That's why I'm going to stick with the 9mm

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have a 92FS and 2 PX4 Storms. 1 in 9mm and the other in .45 ACP. Love all 3. I also have a CX4 Storm in 9mm. It takes the same mags as my 92 FS. Both pistol designs are excellent and have never had a problem with any Beretta. They have been in business for 500 years. They must be doing something right.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
What is more accurate? I need all the help i can get. I have a S&W M&P .40C and i cant shoot that for my life.
Most modern guns are more accurate than the shooter.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Very nice, a Beretta 92 is on my list after I get my permit, nice to know they have some sweet new models out.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I think I still like the John Mcclane model better.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Beretta 92 in one form or another is at the top of my list once I get my permit as well. At this point it could come today or it could be another 3 months.

When I was in Utah during the summer I test fired at least a dozen handguns including several Glocks, 1911s, a S&W M&P, an XDm and a few others. I liked the Beretta 92FS the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts