New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rules seem to be the same as they always were here in Rockland County. I tried to get my restrictions removed on Friday and they told me the Supreme Court ruling was irrelevant. Until they here different from the Governor I still need to prove a "just cause" to carry and my reason can be denied by the judge if he feels it's not sufficient.
Some counties are not complying with the Supreme Court decision. I don't know what I expected to be honest, this is New York after all...
No. Rockland is offering an automatic removal of restrictions. Just fill out their form and pay them $5. Of course come Sept 1 and it will become a felony to carry anywhere in NYS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Says who? I submitted my amendment form 3 weeks ago in person and paid with cash (I have my receipt). I sent a certified letter to the JUDGE which was received last Thursday, asking for an update and so far, I haven't heard a peep from them. Where are you getting the information from that Rockland County is actually removing restrictions?
From the pistol clerks office. They are handing out amendment forms. Of course even without the form SCOTUS has by their ruling included self defense as a permitted used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts