New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I took a similar approach, but the justification was slightly different and reference that I already had a permit issued under Penal code 400 subsection 2(f), and the administrative restriction of "Target" and requirement to show cause was unconstitutional, so I am requesting they remove the restriction. Worst case is I lose the $3 filing fee. Hopefully this will not take 6 months...that would be the making of another lawsuit I would imagine (disclosure, i'm not a lawyer). It seems like most other states are acquiescing to the Bruen decision (Maryland and NJ specifically). Can you pierce the immunity of a state/county judge in federal court for failing to follow the Bruen decision and depriving you of exercising your constitutional rights?
please keep us updated I'm Westchester as well and have had my permit for 10 years its restricted to sportsman .

·
Registered
126 Posts
If this gets all the way to her desk to sign, those of us who already had a no restriction carry permit now get restrictions put on us that we never had before and more hoops to jump thru. The ones who now can get the original restrictions removed are not much better off due to the new restrictions.... where are you going to be able to carry concealed?

How are we all better off due to "winning" the case?

Looks like we all will get more restrictions....
thats some selfish thinking ,it's going to be a wake up call for every gun owner in NYS especially the Fudd's when hunting season comes around and your rifle has to be put in a lock box that is welded to the frame of your vehicle .

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's possibly good news keep us posted. I'm in westchester too and already submitted an amendment for a new Glock, I'm assuming I have to wait for that to come in before I request unrestricted correct?
No you can submit for your full carry right now , I was up at the clerks office and the person told me that they have no idea how long it's going to take as the situation from the state changes daily so he said don't be surprised if I don't here anything for awhile he said they've been swamped with people changing over to full carry , he even notarized my amendment very nice of him to do that for me .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where have you seen approvals? What county? Are there any threads on this forum showing success?
It's the law now in NY including NYC no restrictions on pistol permits it'll take some time to issue the new permits not sure if you already have a permit wether or not you have to take the 16 hour class .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts