New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Westchester County and submitted my amendment to remove my Target restriction on Friday. The woman went through my documents and said they were all there but that they were waiting for word on how to handle this situation. I had done an amendment before to add a pistol and it took 2 weeks to get back but she said because this is a restriction change it could take up to six months. On my Full Carry attachment I just wrote that I have been a responsible Target permit holder for 2 years and want to be able to carry to other places without fear of losing my guns and referenced the supreme court case in allowing me this freedom. We will see how it goes, worst case I lose the $3 filing fee.
I took a similar approach, but the justification was slightly different and reference that I already had a permit issued under Penal code 400 subsection 2(f), and the administrative restriction of "Target" and requirement to show cause was unconstitutional, so I am requesting they remove the restriction. Worst case is I lose the $3 filing fee. Hopefully this will not take 6 months...that would be the making of another lawsuit I would imagine (disclosure, i'm not a lawyer). It seems like most other states are acquiescing to the Bruen decision (Maryland and NJ specifically). Can you pierce the immunity of a state/county judge in federal court for failing to follow the Bruen decision and depriving you of exercising your constitutional rights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a similar approach, but the justification was slightly different and reference that I already had a permit issued under Penal code 400 subsection 2(f), and the administrative restriction of "Target" and requirement to show cause was unconstitutional, so I am requesting they remove the restriction. Worst case is I lose the $3 filing fee. Hopefully this will not take 6 months...that would be the making of another lawsuit I would imagine (disclosure, i'm not a lawyer). It seems like most other states are acquiescing to the Bruen decision (Maryland and NJ specifically). Can you pierce the immunity of a state/county judge in federal court for failing to follow the Bruen decision and depriving you of exercising your constitutional rights?
Just a f/u...the clerk's office cashed the amendment check on 7/1, or a week after receiving it. Was thinking of giving them a call later this week to see what information on timing I might be able to get out of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts