New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
............In terms of what can be done today my best suggestion is to contact some attorneys .........
I would advise the same. Perhaps contact those attorneys that presented this case to the supreme court. They might be very interested in hearing that their winning argument is considered "irrelevant".

Personally speaking, since restrictions are not legally binding I would just carry anyway..
Ditto

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are looking for an "on record" government response indicating they had it all wrong and all pistol license holders are now lawful concealed carriers, don't hold your breath. Currently, that restriction no longer exists. A test case involving an arrest and attempted prosecution by a government entity who considers the decision irrelevant might help clarify things. As topical as the situation is, I doubt such an event would occur.

I’m curious to see which jurisdiction is going to step up and publicly get their nose rubbed in this and asked which part of the decision did you not understand?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would like to think that asking one to: "fully describe your need for an unrestricted firearm license" would be as unconstitutional and evoke the same amount of rage as asking someone "what is your skin color", or "what is your ethnicity" if you were to find those questions on any club or membership application.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where have you seen approvals? What county? Are there any threads on this forum showing success?
It was a tongue in cheek comment inferring that since the supreme court decision, all existing restricted licensees have since been approved for full carry, even in NYC. Most, if not all, of the subsequent restrictions on where one may carry (sensitive areas) decreed by Ms Hochul will be overturned.

It's the law now in NY including NYC no restrictions on pistol permits it'll take some time to issue the new permits not sure if you already have a permit wether or not you have to take the 16 hour class .
It’s not quite "the law" just yet. It is still incumbent upon the district court (lower court) who dismissed the petitioners initial complaint, and the court of appeals, which affirmed that lower court decision, to re-visit their initial decision and “repair” that decision and have it conform with the guidance provided to them by the supreme court.

Basically what the supreme court has said is, “sorry lower courts we have reviewed the case and your decision is incorrect and unconstitutional. "Contained in these one hundred forty some pages of our decision is why”. “Now take this information we have provided you and go back and fix what you screwed up”.

I cannot see a court allowing Ms Hochul to change the training requirements to obtain a pistol license and have those newly enacted requirements pertain to those who have already met all the required qualifications and who currently possess a pistol license. New applicants, maybe. Current holders, probably not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts