New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Be careful what ones wishes for ...
Hochul & recalled 2d Amendment hating NY legislature about to ram through a new law addressing handguns carry & premises permits to meet the Supreme Court standard of 'objectivity" plus some extra hoops so it will be harder than before for any law abiding NYer to obtain a pistol permit than under old where the standards varied from county to county. Now everyone's going to be held to the super strict New York City standard with a lot of restrictive add-ons.
Also did you see she said in her statement that all private businesses will be off limits and considered gun free zones unless they place a sign that says "guns welcome"?

Edit: I almost forgot, she also said they will be implementing background checks for AMMUNITION

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a f/u...the clerk's office cashed the amendment check on 7/1, or a week after receiving it. Was thinking of giving them a call later this week to see what information on timing I might be able to get out of them.
That's possibly good news keep us posted. I'm in westchester too and already submitted an amendment for a new Glock, I'm assuming I have to wait for that to come in before I request unrestricted correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts