New York Firearms Forum banner

Front underside rail for Remington 700?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  meketrefe 
#1 ·
I want to pick up a foldable bipod for the Remington 700... not sure if I'd ever actually use it, but I'd like to have it for when I did want it. But I also want one that I can easily take on and off. They have quick release rail mount bipods but I can't seem to find any underside rails for the Remington 700.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

#2 ·
On my target rifle I use a hand stop and a palm rest. Both of these items fit into an aluminum T slot inletted into the stock. So think of a piece of aluminum 5/8" wide X 3/8" thick any length desired with an upside down T shape milled into it. Inlet that into the forearm and attach w/screws. Now an accessory with a T shaped block fits into the T slot ( which is now right side up or the slot opening down) and a screw/knob arrangement can clamp anywhere along the T slot length. Get it, or are you cornfused?

#10 ·
Yes it is legal unless you find one semiauto with a grip. LOL!

price was $700'sh+

The rifle is great the stock feels great but it is junk as most factory. It is a 20" with 1:10 twist so it has some limitations but not a lot.
Like most 700 and specially the SPS tactical a tack driver out of the box but plan for a decent stock and scope to match the hardware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.