New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pick up a foldable bipod for the Remington 700... not sure if I'd ever actually use it, but I'd like to have it for when I did want it. But I also want one that I can easily take on and off. They have quick release rail mount bipods but I can't seem to find any underside rails for the Remington 700.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
On my target rifle I use a hand stop and a palm rest. Both of these items fit into an aluminum T slot inletted into the stock. So think of a piece of aluminum 5/8" wide X 3/8" thick any length desired with an upside down T shape milled into it. Inlet that into the forearm and attach w/screws. Now an accessory with a T shaped block fits into the T slot ( which is now right side up or the slot opening down) and a screw/knob arrangement can clamp anywhere along the T slot length. Get it, or are you cornfused?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
- meketrefe will chime in on this soon .... He did a bit of a write up on what you are wanting to do and may have the info you'll need ...

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Yes meketrefe has done this before and has pics. He mounted it very securely.
The below I posted talks about two things. 1) have a stock that is very nice at touch but total junk (like most of the factory ones)
actually work rigidity wise and.. 2) at the same time provide a full picatiny.
At the moment this is staying for now at least until I am done with the barrel. it is working ok. This is all you need + a picatiny
adaptor that has Quick release.
BTW that is an average bipod from my 22LR put on for the pictures only. You probably want a sturdy harris or even a
cadwell makes a nice $60 one. I will look for pictures if you want but the adapter you can find in many online suppliers.

Picatiny - backbone solution
http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/ri...-sd-308-win-out-box-poor-mans-tac-driver.html

Adaptor .. Harris more expensive ... OEM alternative more affordable but hard to find.
Quick Release Harris Style Bipod Adapter For Picatinny | eBay

..or get the LRA and then you have an excuse to get the rest of the rail system!! lol..
Welcome to Long Range Accuracy

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Is the aac-sd legal in ny? Is has a threaded barrell right? What is the going rate for one?

·
Registered
433 Posts
But it's not an evil killem-all-let-the-paramedics-sortem-out semiauto.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Is the aac-sd legal in ny? Is has a threaded barrell right? What is the going rate for one?
Yes it is legal unless you find one semiauto with a grip. LOL!

price was $700'sh+

The rifle is great the stock feels great but it is junk as most factory. It is a 20" with 1:10 twist so it has some limitations but not a lot.
Like most 700 and specially the SPS tactical a tack driver out of the box but plan for a decent stock and scope to match the hardware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts