New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a front sling mount on my front gas block (M&P15 OR). I was surprised when I got home from the store that my M&P15 OR did not come with one stock (for the price I think that's a bit crazy). I'm still very ignorant to all things AR-15, but I see on the bottom of my gas block and there are two holes. One that is about 1/8"across and is threaded, and one that is ~5/16" across and has a recessed grove just inside the lip of the hole. I'm running a Blackhawd three-point sling right now and don't absolutely need the mount but still like one. Two questions, where can I get a threaded sling mount for the smaller hole and what is the second hole? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I believe some models gas blocks are pinned on through the side and some are clamped on with 2 allen screws through the bottom. If it's pinned through the barrel I think the holes on the bottom are for the allen screws that are not used on this style rifle. I know it doesn't help with sling but maybe something like this will work for you. http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/pm008.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts