New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title tells it all.
I'm from MA and I'm seeing some very
Nice properties with cabins for much better prices than I'll ever see hear again.
I'd like to buy there. But I've heard there are gun laws in your state that make MA. look like a friendly state.
What is required for me to ccw and open carry in NY? Can I carry on my own land?
Shoot/hunt my own land?
What firearms are/are not allowed?
What licensure is required?
Where can I find reliable information?
Thank you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Cant possess a pistol in the people's republic of new yorkistan, without the expressed permission of the king..

Cant get the king's permission without being a resident..

Long arms are ok as long as it is not in a configuration verboten by kings decree.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You’d be better off looking in NEPA. Lower taxes, no restrictions on AR’s, AK’s, rifles or pistols and no magazine restrictions. SBR’s and Surpressors are good to go with a tax stamp.

If you come, just don’t bring liberal MA bs with you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You’d be better off looking in NEPA. Lower taxes, no restrictions on AR’s, AK’s, rifles or pistols and no magazine restrictions. SBR’s and Surpressors are good to go with a tax stamp.

If you come, just don’t bring liberal MA bs with you.
Believe me friend I'm trying to get away from MA bs.

·
Registered
Certified instructor/FFL/Gunsmith
2 Posts
You can drive THOUGH NY without a permit, as long as you don’t stop overnight and the firearm is locked, and separate from the ammo, and you are legal in your state. Buy the land, then apply for the permit. possessing an unregistered handgun by an unlicensed person, who is not law enforcement, is a felony in NY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts