·
Registered
1,368 Posts
To each their own. More power to her.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know... To me, if you are born a man, you'll always be one. People that do this are insane. Just because you cut "it" off, that doesn't make you a girl. That's like pulling the tail off of a lizard and saying that it's suddenly the opposite sex. I just find it a bit odd that you'd want to change your body permanently. Like, what if he/she changes his/her mind later? Lol. SCREWED.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't have any tattoos because I can't imagine living with anything that permanent on my body; what if I don't like skulls, kittens, or monster trucks in 10 years? Voluntarily severing a body part is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I don't know... To me, if you are born a man, you'll always be one. People that do this are insane. Just because you cut "it" off, that doesn't make you a girl. That's like pulling the tail off of a lizard and saying that it's suddenly the opposite sex. I just find it a bit odd that you'd want to change your body permanently. Like, what if he/she changes his/her mind later? Lol. SCREWED.
There's so much more to it than that.

And the process requires a LOT of lead up to it. It's not something you decide to do one day and do the next. Skwingledork has it right: to each their own and more power to her.

On top of that, pulling the tail off a lizard is supposed to change it's sex? Your analogy is severely flawed.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
There's so much more to it than that.

And the process requires a LOT of lead up to it. It's not something you decide to do one day and do the next. Skwingledork has it right: to each their own and more power to her.

On top of that, pulling the tail off a lizard is supposed to change it's sex? Your analogy is severely flawed.
Tell me how it's flawed? You have someone cut your "tail" off and suddenly you're a girl by the sounds of it even though you were born a male, right? Oh, I forgot, you're a subject matter expert here...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Do you think is this is just a choice she made one day?
Obviously. You can't make a choice over two days. One day you either decide to DO or NOT do. People change their minds all the time. People don't believe in God all their life and one event changes their faith, people say they don't want to marry or have kids, then they grow up. So yes, one day, the person could regret it. I've seen gay people claim to be straight after years of being into the same sex and most people argue that you are either "born gay" or not, same goes with "born a boy, meant to be a girl" in my opinion.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Tell me how it's flawed? You have someone cut your "tail" off and suddenly you're a girl by the sounds of it even though you were born a male, right? Oh, I forgot, you're a subject matter expert here...
But, it's not a tait, it's a penis, one of the very organs defining your gender.

What if the don't decide to change their mind?

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Their have been studies about this and it is something they are born with. You may be born with male genitalia but you are mentally wired as a female. Sometimes you have to read outside of the "book" to understand things in life if you know what I mean.

JAmes

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Whatever makes people happy. If it's not hurting others, then I really have no dog in the fight.

The whole "what if they change their mind" thing is hilarious. No other sign is needed that somebody doesn't understand how the whole "transgender" thing words. A 10 second google search and about five to ten minutes of reading would cure that, but hey, why bother, right?

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Their have been studies about this and it is something they are born with. You may be born with male genitalia but you are mentally wired as a female. Sometimes you have to read outside of the "book" to understand things in life if you know what I mean.

JAmes
Holy ****! Someone with a brain! I better take a picture.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
"Do you think anyone thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it..."

Sorry, couldn't resist...

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
It's flawed in a few ways. For one, a lizard's tail grows back. For two, a tail isn't a sexual organ, so cutting off a tail doesn't change a thing about the lizard.

There's been a lot of research done about gender association, and more and more is being understood about being mentally one gender and physically another. And there's nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
He is a he, not a she (yet anyway).

"Beck is currently on hormone therapy in preparation for sexual reassignment surgery and generally wears long hair, make-up and women's clothes, Speckhard said."

I have no idea why someone would want to do this but whatever. Their choice I guess. The "woman" in the picture does not look like a woman at all in my opinion. This is so outrageous it almost seems like a stunt to sell books!

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Whatever makes people happy. If it's not hurting others, then I really have no dog in the fight.
Scars - someone hijacked your account and said something uncharacteristic of you. Email an admin and they should be able to reset your password.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
"You think anyone would want to take a round house to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?!??!"

1 - 20 of 87 Posts