1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
438 Posts
The amount of people in that thread that don't realize that EVERY permit in NYS is a concealed carry permit are just scary....

The restrictions are arbitrary and NYS has never defined what "proper cause" is. This needs to be spelled the hell out so we can get a damn policy that is state wide and not open to judicial interpretation at the county level.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The amount of people in that thread that don't realize that EVERY permit in NYS is a concealed carry permit are just scary....

The restrictions are arbitrary and NYS has never defined what "proper cause" is. This needs to be spelled the hell out so we can get a damn policy that is state wide and not open to judicial interpretation at the county level.
How about just getting rid of Sullivan and being done with it lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that is what my county is trying to do, maybe we can get all counties to do this and bit by bit we win!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'm not at all disputing that lol I'm happy for you guys in the north country for gaining ground in this war for the constitution. I believe that we are in fact further along now then before unsafe. America is waking up and so are the people of new york, we just have a lot more tyranny to fight back and we also don't have a government that is willing to represent their people and their wishes. Never give up and always fight for liberty. Its never inherated and it is never free.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How about its a case you did not read the form well and put down target shooting and hunting in the block on why you want it, so the judge gives you what you want - restricted and have a nice day.

I got some good advice and was told to forget anything about those two subjects going on the form and only write personal protection and get on with applying.

·
Registered
486 Posts
How about its a case you did not read the form well and put down target shooting and hunting in the block on why you want it, so the judge gives you what you want - restricted and have a nice day.

I got some good advice and was told to forget anything about those two subjects going on the form and only write personal protection and get on with applying.
Except in st Lawrence county they wont even take you're application unless you sign the form that says you want it for "outdoor sports". Which kind of negates what you said.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Except in st Lawrence county they wont even take you're application unless you sign the form that says you want it for "outdoor sports". Which kind of negates what you said.
Exactly the same in Saratoga County. I often wonder just how often those who proclaim non conformance and open defiance actually practice the same.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The county legislators will pass this new law. And judge Richards will ignore it. He's just that arrogant. He uses the state law to hide the fact that he feels that no one should have a carry permit. What I don't get is residents of Franklin county are issued non restricted permits. So does Richards feel that the judge from Franklin is doing something illegal. If I was to move to Franklin county get my full carry permit and then move back to st. Lawrence would they give me a full carry or would they give me a sports men permit.  If im not mistaken I believe that Richards used to issue none restricted permits during his first term as judge. Wonder what changed. 

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do we need a protest where 1000 legal CCW holders show up in the county to show how regionalism does not work at all. Does that retard know we can hang out as long as we want there with our permits from "other counties" Duh, what a fool.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He did, my father has an unrestricted signed by Richards. He would restrict it as soon as you entered the county.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Same here! I asked for permission to exercise my second amendment right so it is what it is but there is a need to get rid of it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do we need a protest where 1000 legal CCW holders show up in the county to show how regionalism does not work at all. Does that retard know we can hang out as long as we want there with our permits from "other counties" Duh, what a fool.
Please do!

·
Registered
622 Posts
He can place all the restrictions he wants on it: the only power he has is revocation, but that would have to involve use (inappropriate or otherwise)
If he did, I would strongly encourage an Article 78 Proceeding be filed.
New York, NY Article 78 Appellate Proceedings Lawyer Attorney Law Firm
There are no punitive measures that can be taken against you for carrying outside of the arbitrary restrictions. (NYC excluded) which means you cannot be arrested for simply carrying your handgun just because it say "Hunting or Target Shooting only"
Concealed means concealed.
Who's to say I wasn't going to a Range? Keeping it "secure" by not leaving it in the Car? or going hunting later on?

BTW: For the umpteenth time it's a LICENSES, not a "Permit"
License The permission granted by competent authority to exercise a certain privilege that, without such authorization, would constitute an illegal act, a Trespass or a tort. The certificate or the document itself that confers permission to engage in otherwise proscribed conduct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts