New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on the lawn overlooking the Hudson. A little hot but awesome nevertheless.

My son went up to a soldier sitting on the lawn who was dressed in camo and gave him an Orio cookie and thanked him for his service to the country. Brought a tear to both me and my wife's eye. A few bystanders as well. Good kid. Great country.

God bless America and all those who serve.

CJG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice...I personally love when I hear people say "Independence Day" instead of just "The 4th of July"...Always has been my favorite holiday.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
That is an awesome story and I am sure you and your wife are very proud of who your son is becoming!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, appreciate it. We're trying.

I ran an impromptu (sp?) cigar karma on another thread late Friday night while smoking a cigar out on my porch that I had bought the week before. So I run out Sat morning to pick up a box of cigars to mail out. The guy behind the counter says "So where's the little guy today? Brandon, right? The polite boy who says please and thank you. There's not enough of that around these days. Here pickout another box (empty of course) and give it to him from me".

I had only met the guy once the week before while buying a couple cigars. I saw some empty boxes and asked him if I could bring my son in to pick out a box. He said of course.

Damn proud of that little kid! Thanks again for the kind words.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Great kid!!! If only more would be like your Son this country would more than likely have a brighter future. I'm sure the parents had much to do with it too ;) ... well done cgrutt!! :cheers: Thanks for the cigar ... I'll be puffing on that on Independence Day and thinking of this story.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
There is nothing more awesome than having someone tell you how great your kids are. A woman called my wife the other day to tell her how well my son, a certified nurse assistant, has taken care of her mother and the others on his floor. While a minority in the field, he is a superstar in their hearts. What a great phone call. Congrats on having a great boy! Never give up on what has gotten him this far. The older they get the more they push (didn't we?).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts