New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember hearing on the news about bulletproof backpacks, and reading on here about someone asking about them. I just received an email to this site, here. Instead of a full back pack, it's a plate you can use in the existing one. Just food for thought, I thought I'd share it, not sure how many members have children, but I'd imagine many do. Share with your friends too!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I think he shot them in the chest first and then finished them off. Can't imagine losing a child to that SOB. If the kid runs the chances are the rounds will impact center mass. This may actually help in that situation. Although...IIIA v. a rifle at close range...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
They have been selling those for a while. A lot of survival backpacks actually have a spot for the plate to be held since some companies sell plate carriers with plates only in the front. Also probably done because people who use plate carriers tend to take out their back plate to save the energy of carrying 7lbs around and because they don't plan on getting shot in the back while running away(military friends have said this)

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
This wouldn't have done any good against rifle rounds but I guess it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not saying it's the cure-all. Just remember seeing something about the backpacks going for $300+. I guess parents will have to teach kids to make a run for it when they get a chance (obviously a lot of factors come into play, don't wanna sound like I'm suggesting careless actions). But having it will be better than not having it, heaven forbid any child gets shot again, and I'm sure it will happen.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have been selling those for a while. A lot of survival backpacks actually have a spot for the plate to be held since some companies sell plate carriers with plates only in the front. Also probably done because people who use plate carriers tend to take out their back plate to save the energy of carrying 7lbs around and because they don't plan on getting shot in the back while running away(military friends have said this)
Seems to make sense about not getting shot in the back, but it's not like our children (or us, soon) will have a gun to shoot back or draw if it ever came to it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.