New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,I have a stupid question......Well maybe not stupid,but if i knew the answer I wouldn't be asking....! Anyway,can a factory barrel be fluted in minor depth for customization or would that through it out of whack ?? Thank you...!

·
Banned
478 Posts
By factory I assume you mean barrel... You can flute, but you'd loose more weight if you had it re-profiled.

And the skill of the machinist has everything to do with if the barrel will be bent or tempered in the process.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I would buy one already fluted from the factory, or I would be worried every time I pulled the trigger if I had some guy do it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I would buy one already fluted from the factory, or I would be worried every time I pulled the trigger if I had some guy do it.
What if Allstar Tactical did it? ;) They seem like the guys that might do that kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a Rem 700 SPS Varmint,so it has the heavey barrel on it,I am going to have the bolt fluted,I was thinking of having the barrel lightly done to match.....But it sounds like it is going to be a costly,what if project so I better leave it alone I think.....Thanks folks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
It is a straightfoward proceedure. Try dark eagle customs. Not sure way he charges but it should be around 150. Many qualified smiths offer it alacarte. I don't think Allstar has the capability. Unless they send it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts