New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Florida Man Mistakes Girlfriend for a Hog, Shoots Her | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo! News
"...Steven Egan was hog hunting Saturday night with girlfriend Lisa Simmons at a hunting camp off a rural county road in Flagler, in the northern part of the state. Around 7:30 p.m., officials said, Egan shot at a hog and then left Simmons behind in the tent to go look for it. When he heard a noise in the woods he fired his gun again, thinking it was the animal.
Unbeknown to Egan, Simmons had also left the tent to pick up loose oranges that had fallen from trees on the property. Instead of hitting his wild target, Egan struck his girlfriend in both legs with a .30-caliber bullet...."

Sadly, they are not planning on pressing charges.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I think Florida should have gun laws like NYS and we should have theirs, not to say it doesn't happen up here but damn alot of people in florida are getting shot over stupid stuff lately.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
He told her to go on a diet but she just wouldn't listen.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Looks like he'll be sleeping in the hog house for a few days. xD

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hunting accidents happen in every state.

What type of bimbo goes to pick oranges during a hunt, let alone OFF THE GROUND? Never take a city girl into the sticks...

·
Registered
740 Posts
How about what kind of moron shoots at rustling bushes without knowing their target? This guy should have charges filed against him and his guns taken away right along with his hunting privileges. IMO, it was no accident, it was a blatant disregard for basic hunting and firearms safety, as are many "hunting accidents".

I would never, ever pull the trigger unless I knew my EXACT target and what is beyond it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How about what kind of moron shoots at rustling bushes without knowing their target? This guy should have charges filed against him and his guns taken away right along with his hunting privileges. IMO, it was no accident, it was a blatant disregard for basic hunting and firearms safety, as are many "hunting accidents".

I would never, ever pull the trigger unless I knew my EXACT target and what is beyond it.
I got to agree with that

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Maybe , just maybe he did and is just a poor shot

·
Registered
7,542 Posts

maybe the guy can't afford a divorce lawyer:rofl:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Maybe , just maybe he did and is just a poor shot
Did you read the article?

"Around 7:30 p.m., officials said, Egan shot at a hog and then left Simmons behind in the tent to go look for it. When he heard a noise in the woods he fired his gun again, thinking it was the animal."

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Did you read the article?

"Around 7:30 p.m., officials said, Egan shot at a hog and then left Simmons behind in the tent to go look for it. When he heard a noise in the woods he fired his gun again, thinking it was the animal."
I read the article .... I meant maybe he meant to shoot his wife .....

·
Registered
123 Posts

:agree:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts