New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mailed my application in about 5 weeks ago, I see on my bank statement they deposited my check shortly after. Has anyone applied lately, and what"s the turn around time, they are probably over loaded with applications.

· Registered
118 Posts
My friend got his florida CCL in early 2011, it came in the mail 14-18days after he *submitted* his application.
Hes in NY right now visiting me (without gun obviously) and I just asked him. *he submitted it in person*

· Registered
343 Posts
I got mine in December, it was very fast. I sent in my Utah application about a week earlier then the FL app and still got my FL CCW first. I don't remember exactly how fast it was, but less than a month I think.

Good luck

· Registered
4,955 Posts
I submitted my FL CCW permit app about a year ago last August and had it by the first week of September. Quick turnaround. Wondering if they're slower now due to the media being all over them because of the Zimmerman case.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
They were getting some permits in the hands of applicants in about 15 to 20 days. They have been running at about 60 days as of the last couple of months. They were having issues internally with fingerprints being processed incorrectly. Just make sure your fingerprints for Florida were done at a Law Enforcement Agency and not done in a "classroom". You also want to make sure you include the address of the agency that fingerprinted you on the back right hand corner of the card. This will slow the process down if it is missed and Florida will send your card back to have the address added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.