New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting on word from Florida, it's been 7 weeks now but my wife got mail from them today on hers. They rejected her fingerprints saying they weren't legible so she has to get printed again. Now I'm half expecting to hear the same on mine because we had them done at the same time at the PD. The letter states that by law they have to ask for prints twice but after two times no further submissions will be necessary. Does anyone know what exactly that means? If they reject prints twice would that mean no Florida permit is in your future?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure yours will be rejected. If you have ever taken fingerprints -- there is a lot of individual variation not just in the patterns, but also in the prominence of the patterns. Some people have very faint fingerprints and it is hard to get ones that are not smudged. Otherwise, I don't know the answer to your question. You might have to physically go to Florida and submit to electronic fingerprinting.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
As long as your prints were done AT a Law Enforcement Agency by a LEO, then you should be fine the second time around. They request a second set of prints if they feel the first set may have been done poorly. The second set will confirm if your first set was done poorly or if you just have worn prints or scars or other features that could cause your prints to not be legible. They will issue you a permit after the second set is sent in to Florida. Florida just advises that when you go for your second set, you mention to the LEO that your first set was rejected. Make sure you write the address of the agency where you were fingerprinted at on the back of the fingerprint card in the upper right hand corner.

What I wrote above was taken directly from a written response from the state of Florida regarding the very question that you asked. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need anything at all.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You, especially FTWNY, I'm sure that will make her feel better. I thought hers would be ok and mine would be rejected because my hands stay pretty beat up, she just has girly office hands :) She's also waiting on Erie County to see if she'll have the hunting/target restriction lifted so maybe she'll get that one soon too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts