New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that some classes are available out west near rochester and buffalo area, but im wondering if anyone knows if a class closer to Albany is available.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I know it's a little bit of a hike, but RPD has a NRA Basic Pistol class (good for FL) coming up in Greene. They also have a Florida/Utah class coming up in the Syracuse area.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Do you have NYS hunter safety training? That will satisfy the FL requirement. Or as stated above maybe you took NRA basic pistol (or other training)to obtain your NYS permit. Hunter safety classes are free, check the DEC website for classes in your area.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have NYS hunter safety training? That will satisfy the FL requirement. Or as stated above maybe you took NRA basic pistol (or other training)to obtain your NYS permit. Hunter safety classes are free, check the DEC website for classes in your area.
I did take a course for my pistol permit and I did take my hunter safety course years back.

I believe I lost my certification for my hunter safety course, does anyone know how I could get an other copy of that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did take a course for my pistol permit and I did take my hunter safety course years back.

I believe I lost my certification for my hunter safety course, does anyone know how I could get an other copy of that?
call your local dec office and they can get you a copy i had to do so and they were very willing to help

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
so when is the next available class for the Utah/Fla permit? Was looking to get a NH non resident but one of these would cover that so might as well get it all at one time. Anyone know how much the permits costs and the time for which it is valid? NH is $100 for 4years. And how long does it take to get once submitted?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
yes, I just saw your post a few minutes ago, very interested in that class, so NH is included in states I can carry if I take that class? was looking to know the costs and renewal on Utah/FL permits, LMK how I can sign up for the Gansevoort class, who do I call?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
To apply for the UT is $51 to the stae of Utah, To apply for the Florida is $117 to the state of Florida.

In order to carry in NH as a NY resident, you will have to have a NH permit. You can get your NH application here: http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf All you have to do is send them a copy of your NY permit along with the fee of $100 and you should have your permit in 8 to 12 weeks.

All we need is name and number to hold a seat for any class. You can send your info via e-mail here: [email protected] or you can call us at 716-903-2558

1 - 9 of 9 Posts