New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my FL application ready to go. I don't see anywhere in the application packet that says we need to include a copy of our NYS permit. Can anyone tell me if they included a copy of their NYS permit when applying for FL non-res? Does it help the process or create more unnecessary questions?

Thnx all..........

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I don't remember if the asked for it or not but I included a copy. Believe I also included copy of drivers license. I'm at PD now waiting to get printed (again) for CT but can check my application when I get home if you like. I don't think it would hurt in any event. LMK. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember if the asked for it or not but I included a copy. Believe I also included copy of drivers license. I'm at PD now waiting to get printed (again) for CT but can check my application when I get home if you like. I don't think it would hurt in any event. LMK. Thanks.
Thanks bud. I'll include my NYS CCP as well. Didn't even think of the drivers license. I'll copy that as well.

Good luck with the fingerprints. Don't sneeze while they're rolling your fingers ;)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I included only exactly what they requested: Application notarized, fingerprints (done by police dept), copy of NRA Pistol Course with live fire certificate, pictures, and a check. I did not send a copy of my New York permit.

I received my permit in something like 4 weeks from mailbox to mailbox.

BTW - The picture on the permit is a picture of the picture that I mailed. So, it looks really creepy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I included a copy of my NYS license as well, just to cover my bases.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems that including it doesn't offer any benefit, or liability. I did include it with the thought that it couldn't hurt my case. I submitted my NRA Basic Course Certificate without the live fire portion. So my thoughts are that could be a minor stumbling block. Having my unrestricted NY permit since 1988 might give some weight to my application. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Don't sweat it, you can always carry in Florida, NY, with your buddy Allistar, lol...

BTW got my prints redone by the state boys in Montgomery. They definitely do a better job, ha, ha...

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't sweat it, you can always carry in Florida, NY, with your buddy Allistar, lol...

BTW got my prints redone by the state boys in Montgomery. They definitely do a better job, ha, ha...
Pawning me off on Alistair are you? Feeble attempt at treating me like a football and passing me off. :(

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
No way bro, I'll gladly carry in FL with you... of course I've got my Fl permit so no worries, righttttt? LOL.

Besides, I could of pawned you off on Scars. Yeesh.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No way bro, I'll gladly carry in FL with you... of course I've got my Fl permit so no worries, righttttt? LOL.

Besides, I could of pawned you off on Scars. Yeesh.
NOOOOOO, that would be like unlimited successive terms with Herr Cuomo AND Obummer in office. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts