New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the family and I went on a trip last week across four states. I decided to carry during this trip.
As others have said, very aware of what was on my hip. Feeling very awkward and felt that others
could tell. I even had the occasional bump with the chair. Constantly running scenarios as what to
do and how to handle a perceived situation. All in all it was a definite learning experience. During
the trip back, I was much more "comfortable" with carrying. The worst situation was while getting
fuel in Ohio. Standing there filling up, an Ohio State Trooper pulls in the space next to us. Walking by
at a little more than an arms length. (Remember the trooper going off a while back? That video was on
a loop in my head) Of course no one knew but me and the family.
Bottom line is that I will be carrying at every opportunity. Stay safe!

·
Registered
35 Posts
it does feel weird at first.. That is because in the North East we are brain washed at birth to think its wrong..
Even if you know its right it still takes awhile to get the jitters down.. You will relax more as time goes by and you get more comfortable with your methods of concealment.. Good Luck and congrats on choosing not to be a victim..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Pretty soon you'll feel naked without it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jeff is 100% right....you will feel really weird after a while when you dont have it on. Now....I think I would forget my shoes before I forgot to put it on!

Like anything else, just takes time......be safe!

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
EDIT: Never mind, I didn't see that they accept the Utah Non-Resident.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
So the family and I went on a trip last week across four states. I decided to carry during this trip.
As others have said, very aware of what was on my hip. Feeling very awkward and felt that others
could tell. I even had the occasional bump with the chair. Constantly running scenarios as what to
do and how to handle a perceived situation. All in all it was a definite learning experience. During
the trip back, I was much more "comfortable" with carrying. The worst situation was while getting
fuel in Ohio. Standing there filling up, an Ohio State Trooper pulls in the space next to us. Walking by
at a little more than an arms length. (Remember the trooper going off a while back? That video was on
a loop in my head) Of course no one knew but me and the family.
Bottom line is that I will be carrying at every opportunity. Stay safe!
Don't be paranoid!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My wife doesn't know when I'm carrying (and printing) and if she doesn't notice or say anything, unlikely anyone else will too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts