New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I posted about a no Beretta's (ie no guns) sign on the branch of First Niagara taht I use, which was just converted from a HSBC branch. I wrote a email to FNFG inquiring about it and saying if this is policy I would take my business else where. Today I got a phone call from the branch manager who said it was left over from HSBC and she already submitted a work order to have it removed.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Last week I posted about a no Beretta's (ie no guns) sign on the branch of First Niagara taht I use, which was just converted from a HSBC branch. I wrote a email to FNFG inquiring about it and saying if this is policy I would take my business else where. Today I got a phone call from the branch manager who said it was left over from HSBC and she already submitted a work order to have it removed.
That's good to hear, I bank with them and I would hate to have to cancel accounts and move somewhere else!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice follow up.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Good job Evild, I'm hardcore about taking my business elsewhere when this kind of nonsense presents itself as well.

First Niagara apparently understands their market, and actually cares about retaining customers, a rarity in the banking world these days.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
the Pioneer Savings bank down the road from me here in Waterford got knocked over about 2 weeks ago...at like 2PM in the afternoon. It was pretty ballsy of the criminals. They all got found a few hours later in Troy....

You'd think banks would smarten up and be pro-CC

·
Registered
491 Posts
the Pioneer Savings bank down the road from me here in Waterford got knocked over about 2 weeks ago...at like 2PM in the afternoon. It was pretty ballsy of the criminals. They all got found a few hours later in Troy....
I heard they used a Scooter as a get away vehicle, but it was slowed down by the fat chick on the back and the Beretta he was carrying.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
First Niagara apparently understands their market, and actually cares about retaining customers, a rarity in the banking world these days.
LMFAO no. This is what I hate to see, knee-jerk logic. Like with Bank of America and their "anti-gun" policies. Better ditch them and run right!?

First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened:

I was young, so occasionally I would overdraft. My fault, I know, but how they treated it was just evil. I would go buy an expensive item after a few cheaper ones. For example if I had $105 in the account I would make a $10, $2, and $100 purchase. That SHOULD make me in the hole by $7 right? And then an overdraft fee right? But NO! Without fail, all 3 times, they would gather all the purchases up and make SURE the most expensive items went through first, no matter when they were made. Then it would be like this 105-100=5. 5-10 = -5 $35 OVERDRAFT FEE! -40 - 2 = -42 $35 OVERDRAFT FEE! I would be in the whole $75 for a $7 overdraft. They wanted NO part of hearing anything about it, they have terribly behind-the-times technology and online banking. I'll put up with the "evil" BofA to get a banking experience I enjoy.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Darthgamer138 I read about Chase getting in trouble for the same overdraft BS that First Niagara was pulling on you. Banks suck!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Darthgamer138 I read about Chase getting in trouble for the same overdraft BS that First Niagara was pulling on you. Banks suck!
BofA does not do that though. Here if you overdraft you have about a week to make it back up before a fee is even charged. With First Niagara you would get charged even if your AVAILABLE BALANCE (not actual balance) went under 0 for even a second.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Sorry to hear Darth, didn't realize the nitty gritty. Sounds like they're pretty scummy, but at least not anti-gun.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Sorry to hear Darth, didn't realize the nitty gritty. Sounds like they're pretty scummy, but at least not anti-gun.
It's just more of the "Knee-jerk burn the bridges!" things I don't like. We need to leave that stuff to the antis. xD

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
LMFAO no. This is what I hate to see, knee-jerk logic. Like with Bank of America and their "anti-gun" policies. Better ditch them and run right!?

First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened:

I was young, so occasionally I would overdraft. My fault, I know, but how they treated it was just evil. I would go buy an expensive item after a few cheaper ones. For example if I had $105 in the account I would make a $10, $2, and $100 purchase. That SHOULD make me in the hole by $7 right? And then an overdraft fee right? But NO! Without fail, all 3 times, they would gather all the purchases up and make SURE the most expensive items went through first, no matter when they were made. Then it would be like this 105-100=5. 5-10 = -5 $35 OVERDRAFT FEE! -40 - 2 = -42 $35 OVERDRAFT FEE! I would be in the whole $75 for a $7 overdraft. They wanted NO part of hearing anything about it, they have terribly behind-the-times technology and online banking. I'll put up with the "evil" BofA to get a banking experience I enjoy.
Not sure I understand the logic. You knowingly overdraft you account and it's the banks fault? That's like saying the cop was a real jerk, he actually gave me a ticket for texting and driving. I no it was wrong, but that texted was really important.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not sure I understand the logic. You knowingly overdraft you account and it's the banks fault? That's like saying the cop was a real jerk, he actually gave me a ticket for texting and driving. I no it was wrong, but that texted was really important.
Did you miss the part where I said it was my fault and how they handled the charges was entirely theirs?

Darthgamer138 said:
My fault, I know, but how they treated it was just evil.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Did you miss the part where I said it was my fault and how they handled the charges was entirely theirs?

[/COLOR]
I did not, but like I tell my kids be acoutable for your actions! Yes the fee was a lot but you knew it was WRONG. Step up, the bank is going to charge a fee and you knew that. This is why our country is in the state it is, it's always somebody else fault or the "worst bank" ever!
Sorry that's just how I see it.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BofA does not do that though. Here if you overdraft you have about a week to make it back up before a fee is even charged. With First Niagara you would get charged even if your AVAILABLE BALANCE (not actual balance) went under 0 for even a second.
What the hell kind of account do you have, I over drafted seven times and got 5 of them reversed, you have until the end of the business day to make it right, and you can argue the actual vs available amount, you might also want to change your account so you can't over draft, your transaction just gets denied. $75? I never paid more than $35. I've had them for 9 years, and while not perfect, they are the best bank I have dealt with and i've dealt with damn near all of them.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I did not, but like I tell my kids be acoutable for your actions! Yes the fee was a lot but you knew it was WRONG. Step up, the bank is going to charge a fee and you knew that. This is why our country is in the state it is, it's always somebody else fault or the "worst bank" ever!
Sorry that's just how I see it.
Are you trolling? You have to be.

I said it was my fault. At NO point did I say it was not. How they handled MY MISTAKE was beyond unacceptable. It is their fault because IT IS THEIR FAULT how they handled it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
What the hell kind of account do you have, I over drafted seven times and got 5 of them reversed, you have until the end of the business day to make it right, and you can argue the actual vs available amount, you might also want to change your account so you can't over draft, your transaction just gets denied. $75? I never paid more than $35. I've had them for 9 years, and while not perfect, they are the best bank I have dealt with and i've dealt with damn near all of them.
None. After they pulled that crap 3 times I was done. I sat down with them and explained actual vs. available amount, the ridiculous ways they charged fees and I got an F U.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Are you trolling? You have to be.

I said it was my fault. At NO point did I say it was not. How they handled MY MISTAKE was beyond unacceptable. It is their fault because IT IS THEIR FAULT how they handled it.
Not trolling you can see my posts all over this site: again I see that you said "MY FAULT" be you added First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened:

I was young, so occasionally I would overdraft.

But then you add:" First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened"

I don't see how hte bank is the "worst" yes their fee are wrong yes they could have work with you, but yes you were the one by your own admission knew you took too much money out. Again the bank charged too much but if you knew you didn't have the money in your account you shouldn't have made the withdrawl. That simple.

BTW...in my 51 years of debating when someone calls you a name or acuses you of something "trolling" they know they releally don't have an arguement, just looking for someone to agree will them. It's called deflecting.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not trolling you can see my posts all over this site: again I see that you said "MY FAULT" be you added First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened:

I was young, so occasionally I would overdraft.

But then you add:" First Niagara is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. At least 3 times the following has happened"

I don't see how hte bank is the "worst" yes their fee are wrong yes they could have work with you, but yes you were the one by your own admission knew you took too much money out. Again the bank charged too much but if you knew you didn't have the money in your account you shouldn't have made the withdrawl. That simple.
They are wrong for the way they handled it! What is so hard to understand about that? I overdraft, fine, but instead of taking the charges in the order they came in, they stacked them in such a way to SCREW the customer. Plain and simple. It's like getting into a car accident, having the insurance company give you abhorred service and blaming the driver for the insurance companies terrible service.

BTW...in my 51 years of debating when someone calls you a name or acuses you of something "trolling" they know they releally don't have an arguement, just looking for someone to agree will them.
Well there really isn't an argument. You are simply incorrect and blaming the wrong person.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts