New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
So as I said in the other thread.. if it goes airborne, things could get interesting; And to answer WARFAB's question: by interesting, I mean I'm interested in seeing CDC's approach to this. My biggest concern is not the virus itself at this point, but a point in time when there aren't enough people to take care of the sick because the care takers are getting sick and have to be treated. If that causes a race condition, then I don't care what country you think you're in.. western medical utopia or not. It will be scary.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
So as I said in the other thread.. if it goes airborne, things could get interesting; And to answer WARFAB's question: by interesting, I mean I'm interested in seeing CDC's approach to this. My biggest concern is not the virus itself at this point, but a point in time when there aren't enough people to take care of the sick because the care takers are getting sick and have to be treated. If that causes a race condition, then I don't care what country you think you're in.. western medical utopia or not. It will be scary.
If it starts to get bad I am more concerned with what our government will do to maintain control than the virus. You could avoid the virus in a well stocked bunker, it would likely attract the government.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Would have been a lot more death in Africa if it was airborne. Is it close to a 1000 other there? Ebola won't go rampant here, different cultures.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
The biggest problem in Africa are their customs. This is not a slam. They do things VERY differently, culturally, and a lot of it is not very sanitary at all. Lack of understanding + strong beliefs = dangerous results.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
My biggest concern is what would happen if they shut down the interstates-

After hurricane sandy there were clips on the news of people who didn't have so much as a can of soup in their homes saying "how's we gonna eat- my ebt don' work!" just before the looting started...

What is it they say about society being 7 meals away from SHTF?
That's why I always tell people to have some things stashed away (including a Costco sized thing of charmin) and to invest in precious metals.... like lead

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The biggest problems the USA has is that Obama refused to restrict flights from W.Africa, and brought two ebola stricken workers to the USA, that the CDC is calling the ebola outbreak *the perfect storm* for the USA, that no doctors know how to deal with it, that no hospitals are ready to deal with it, and that if (or when) an outbreak happens, the USA will be under martial law.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
^^^^

Scary thought- but even if it doesn't, who's to say they won't declare ML anyway? This "outbreak" is by leaps and bounds the longest lasting IN HISTORY. Maybe "to prevent mass casualties" is the excuse they've been looking to put into play just before the elections?

Ps- now that I just put that in writing- if I ever go more than 24 hours without posting you'll know I hit the nail on the head!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make no mistake the jihadist might/will use this as a weapon.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The US government holds all patent rights to the Ebola virus and its variants - Patent US20120251502 - Human Ebola Virus Species and Compositions and Methods Thereof - Google Patents so vaccines containing any part of that I imagine is included - also good idea bringing home a couple of live people containing the live virus to collect and use.
So what stocks jumped for which big pharma companies with all the scary news ? ... at least one I'm sure...
Ebola Stocks Jump On News Ebola Has Hit The U.S.
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals, NewLink Genetics Stocks Up After Ebola Outbreak

Maybe my foil is showing but it would be nice to see which of those companies line which pockets

1 - 12 of 12 Posts