New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Recently received my full carry permit in Niagara county and purchased my first handgun (Springfield XD 9mm)

Now i'm looking for a class that will teach handgun training and have some live fire exercises. Would like the to be nearby, but i'd drive a bit for the right class.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Hello All,

Recently received my full carry permit in Niagara county and purchased my first handgun (Springfield XD 9mm)

Now i'm looking for a class that will teach handgun training and have some live fire exercises. Would like the to be nearby, but i'd drive a bit for the right class.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Charlie
I took some classes at Sig Sauer Academy in NH I loved them and worth every bit of the drive out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would recommend MDTS. They are based out of Utica I think. THey do travel to this side of the state. I took a basic pistol skills course in March at the Niagara gun range, I would check their site. I know they don't have anything scheduled in WNY in the near future. I would always keep checking since classes seem to pop up. MULTIDISCIPLINARY PERSONAL PROTECTION TRAINING congrats on the permit. How long did it take to get your permit?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, got the permit in a little over 6 months total----but I didn't waste any time getting fingerprinted and stuff.

Charlie

·
Registered
30 Posts
there is a lot of DVD's that the NRA sells that will help with improvement. It is not a substitute for a live fire training class but it has its nitch in firearm training.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts