New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I took one of their classes when getting my permit. James is the man and gave a great and informative class.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I took the mandatory pistol permit class about a year and a half ago. Since then decided that I wasn't interested in the anal probing and begging for permission. But he did give a solid class. Seems like a decent guy.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Haven't got my permit yet and I think I'm gonna sign up for the intro to CC class. Thanks for posting I've been interested in some training.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just took the NYS pistol permit class. I will be going back for the Utah and Florida permit classes though.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I took the UT, FL, AZ class with James at FTWNY. Excellent class. Very informative. They took care of all the details and made it stupid simple to apply for the permits. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't got my permit yet and I think I'm gonna sign up for the intro to CC class. Thanks for posting I've been interested in some training.
I was thinking of signing up for this too when I get the money. Seems very needed for any CCW situation even with a restricted.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the UT, FL, AZ class with James at FTWNY. Excellent class. Very informative. They took care of all the details and made it stupid simple to apply for the permits. Highly recommend.
I want to do this also. I am around Rome area so its a haul out there but I would love to get my other permits. I was looking at the prices and stuff today about getting them. Frankly, at this rate, I would have them before I get mine from NYS! If I took this class now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just took the NYS pistol permit class. I will be going back for the Utah and Florida permit classes though.
Ah okay. My class was a joke. It was akin to the hunter safety course (not to say that isn't needed for new hunters). I think that Pistol class would have been more informative.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I've taken pistol permit class , UT,FL, and AZ class and I am taking intro to concealed carry in October. They are great and super helpful

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
U.S., once you have your permit in hand, take one of Chris Fry's pistol classes. You will learn a ton and shoot a lot. Great classes and he's closer to your locale too.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind words, we are here to help and we look forward to seeing everyone in class or at the range. We also highly recommend taking a live fire or knife class with Chris Fry from M.D.T.S.!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words, we are here to help and we look forward to seeing everyone in class or at the range. We also highly recommend taking a live fire or knife class with Chris Fry from M.D.T.S.!
Your welcome! It is my understanding from reading the website you can bring a class somewhere if there are sufficient people willing to participate. You just raise the price a few bucks? Since you posted on here I figured I'd Ask.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Your welcome! It is my understanding from reading the website you can bring a class somewhere if there are sufficient people willing to participate. You just raise the price a few bucks? Since you posted on here I figured I'd Ask.
We just need 12 paying students to bring any class to you and you would get it for free. We can hold the class or classes anywhere that people can sit, with a roof over their head and access to a bathroom. You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] to set something up and work on dates and times.

Thanks!
James

1 - 17 of 17 Posts